Grafana + Apex

Would you be interested in learning more about the setup of Grafana+Apex?

• Nah, too much trouble

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Oh man! You just reminded me that I paid for that raspberry pi 4 and it never arrived!
I'll try to buy it somewhere else to set it up and do the write up.

It's ok, just do a step by step for Synology users :)

Nanogeek815

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I should have given more context. Ypu're right, Grafana is a software tool. It uses an external database (InfluxDB in my case) and a service (Telegraf) to pull data from Apex or other sensors. I currently have Apex + Awair (to monitor CO2) + SmartThings sensors for temperature and humidity.
Apex has memory space limitations so it stores measurements every 10 minutes. With Grafana/InfluxDB you choose the resolution. I have it set to every 10 seconds and you can trim/summarize old data if you start running out of space.
The software is free open source but it needs some hardware to run. I use a NAS (Network Drive) but it can be deployed in a Raspberry Pi or an old computer.
I also have some odd readings from Apex (salinity and pH). The salinity is working better after Neptune replaced it and I'm actively looking for a solution for my pH probe. I think its best to have multiple independent ways to test the same parameters and compare them. In this case I have my Apex probes and the readings from the Hanna Checkers.
You just gave me an idea to plot both sources of PH and both Sources of salinity to see the differences over time and notice when one starts to drift.
Can Telegraf pull data from Apex and store in DynamoDB (AWS)? Also, how did you pull the data from Apex (Telegraf How To?)?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 114 74.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%

Back