Green Slimer browning .

Matt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my first acropora two weeks ago however it’s not as green as others and not much PE. Anyone know what the problem might be. PH 8.2, Alk 7, nitrate 5, Ca 425. It is directly in the flow and under an AI hydra 26. any help would be greatly appreciated

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
M

Matt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it’s 2 months old however used water and rocks in sump from my older tank.

OP
OP
M

Matt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, tank is very young and most likely adjusting to your parameters.
what kind of corals can I get then? Sorry just never had coral before and experimenting with different corals my Zoas are doing well though.

Style185

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have corals in your older tank you can frag? Are you shooting for a mixed reef, sps, softy, lps.... I'd personally let it chill acquire a few specimen fish and clean up crew n let thing establish it's eco system anyhow happy reefing!

OP
OP
M

Matt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have corals in your older tank you can frag? Are you shooting for a mixed reef, sps, softy, lps.... I'd personally let it chill acquire a few specimen fish and clean up crew n let thing establish it's eco system anyhow happy reefing!
Never had coral before other then now, and was going to go for a mixed but a little more on the sps side though. Been speaking to my Lfs a lot about what to do and they said it should be fine but I’m guessing my tank is still too young/new even after bringing things over from my old setup. Thank you for the help also.

Style185

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had coral before other then now, and was going to go for a mixed but a little more on the sps side though. Been speaking to my Lfs a lot about what to do and they said it should be fine but I’m guessing my tank is still too young/new even after bringing things over from my old setup. Thank you for the help also.
Awesome! If I were to suggest any sps it would be some monti or digi pretty hardy corals. Get a few fish corals luv fish poop lol keep posted with pics n progress n keep on reefin!

OP
OP
M

Matt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! If I were to suggest any sps it would be some monti or digi pretty hardy corals. Get a few fish corals luv fish poop lol keep posted with pics n progress n keep on reefin!
I currently have 5 clownfish one being a Maroon, 1 blue regal tang and a damsel.

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend waiting until you start to have good coralline algae growth before you add acros.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back