Green Slimer Issue

Poriferabob

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2016
Messages
160
Reaction score
44
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I got this Green Slimer from WWC about two months ago. It has good polyp extension during the day but I noticed that under white lights the color seems to be fading to white in little patches. These little patches are getting bigger and bigger. I was always under the impression that this was a sign of some sort of pest nibbling on the coral tissue but I have not been able to find anything. Most other corals doing fine but for some reason, I always have issues keeping green slimers. Any ideas?
IMG_8449.jpg
IMG_6849.jpg
 
COuld be AEFW or a fish picking at it or shading of somesort. Can we get a little bit more info about your tank.
 
Thanks for the replies everyone!!
Welp.... Definitely AEFW!!! Man those little bas**rds are hard to see.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new