Green Star Polyps GSP Curl up when lights on

ssagar89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,
Hope everyone's doing great. I want to get some quick advice on my GSP coral. The tips curl up as soon as my lights come on. They are long and extended when the light go down/dark. I am not sure why do they do that? I have placed it on the sand bed towards the corner with no direct light hitting it. Any advice on that? Have anyone experienced this with their GSPs? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Poof No Eyebrows

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How strong are your lights, and did we acclimate them to the lights? Sounds like it's a little bright for them. You could leave as is and more then likely they'll adjust or you could try an acclimation period. Not sure on you lighting specs but that's what I'm suspecting.

OP
OP
S

ssagar89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How strong are your lights, and did we acclimate them to the lights? Sounds like it's a little bright for them. You could leave as is and more then likely they'll adjust or you could try an acclimation period. Not sure on you lighting specs but that's what I'm suspecting.
It’s a 10 gallon tank. I have AI prime 16hd. I am not sure if the lights are too strong but it’s running at 50% all blues with 7% whites. I realized when the lights do down gsp straightens out.

Suohhen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a lot of light for gsp especially newly added, they are pretty adaptable but I would keep them in the shade for a while and feed some plankton since that seem to be filtering at least.
It can be fairly typical for newly acclimated coral to act this way from shipping/acclimation stress. It is always best to check salinity of incoming stock and drip acclimate with the length depending on the difference and if the difference is larger than a few points its best to quarantine at that salinity and slowly adjust over a few days.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 16.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 160 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back