Greetings from Austin, TX - Future Reefer

ATX_ProtectOurReefs

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
16
Location
Austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone!!!

I’m excited about getting into this hobby and just researching as much as I can as well as stalking FB marketplace for possible starter setups.

Never owned a fish, but fish are my 4.5 year old son’s current obsession. While my son wants either the dangerous Rockfish or a Moray Eel, I’m sure he will love a pair of clownfish, a cleaner shrimp and a small ecosystem. In watching all the fish videos on YouTube and many visits to LFS I realized I would love to create a saltwater ecosystem and my personal love of coral and Nems.

I will be stalking other beginner posts and soon make a decision to AIO or sump it. Fortunately with this hobby first being the idea of our kids, research and maintenance 100% on me and in a time where my wife is undergoing Chemo and we want to distract kids positively, I’ll get less questions on costs and what a good deal means. Looking forward to the journey!!!
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new