Greetings from Chicago

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome

I'm sure there are some great books out there, but the discoveries have been hot and heavy lately. Stuff on youtube from 2017 is now being disavowed by the content creators as outdated.

spockwelcome.jpg

OP
OP
F

Finbar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome... 100-200g is a big first tank... doable, but take your time, don’t try to fill it with livestock for a while. Ask lots of questions here.
Thank you I know it's ambitious but I want to stick to a single tank and I don't want to be planning an upgrade in a few year. I'm going to be taking it very slowly with lots of planning and research.

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R. I started off with a 125 non-reef ready tank. Had it been reef-ready I would have kept it. I have always been told go as big as you can afford so you don't have to upgrade. My path was 125 non-reef ready to 65 RR then to a 150 tall rr and now I am transitioning from my 150 to my 210. I would have stuck it out with the 150 but it was tall and not long. I want to residents to swim the length of the tank not just up and down.

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,born n lived nw burbs 50 years,went south no more SNOW, WELCOME GREAT PLACE

OP
OP
F

Finbar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from the far western burbs. Books are great, I have quite a few but the internet is more up to date so to speak. Start by looking on youtube. BRS( Bulk Reef Supply) puts out some good vids, so does Than from Tidal Gardens, Mark from Melev's reef, Reefs.com, etc.. I would suggest also to read "reef of the month" threads too. Find a tank you admire and emulate it, once you have some success then start changing things to make it more "you". The learning curve is steep, use and build on knowledge gained by others then branch out. Good luck and enjoy!

Welcome

I'm sure there are some great books out there, but the discoveries have been hot and heavy lately. Stuff on youtube from 2017 is now being disavowed by the content creators as outdated.

spockwelcome.jpg

I'll definitely check those out but I do most of my research on the train to and from work and videos tend not stream well so I'm looking for more reading or listening material.

Podcasts seem to work fine so if anyone knows any good reefing podcasts please let me know.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back