Gsp Help

StephenMcn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. My gsp has been closed for a week and a half. I got it 3weeks ago and as soon as he went into tank all polyps extended and stayed like that for a few days. Then they retracted and haven't come back out. Some mornings I can see the whites of the polyps peeking through but when I get home it's back to being closed up. Got my lab results from triton the other day and everything is perfect.

Alk 7.8-8.0
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrates 3
Po4 . 05
Calcium 480
Magnesium 1440
Ph 8.2
Salinity 1.023

1606250607549285736233140855594.jpg

Easy Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it have enough flow ? Sometimes algae will grow on them and they won’t wanna open up. I scrubbed mine lightly with a soft brush and they opened up.

OP
OP
StephenMcn

StephenMcn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think so. My tank is a 175 litre and has a maxspect gyre running at 50%. I did read about algae growing on them so today I took my target feeder and blew algae from it

OP
OP
StephenMcn

StephenMcn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your help. I'm going to leave it there for the time being as I only moved it to that spot yesterday. I don't think flow is the problem as I have a 12 head zoa just below it and it's getting good movements

OP
OP
StephenMcn

StephenMcn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would yous think about taking it out and doing a 8min coral dip? I do this on all new corals entering tank but this might kill whatever u welcomes that are on or in it

ReeferWarrant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it had algae on it you might want to research into Hydrogen Peroxide dipping. I'm not sure if it works with GSP but I do that with my zoas if they have it growing and it works out really well.

OP
OP
StephenMcn

StephenMcn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally think I just found the problem. I turned around and fount it upside down on the sand so I picked him up and placed it up and placed in a new spot only to notice straight away that my yellow tail damsel was head butting it to push it off the rock

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally think I just found the problem. I turned around and fount it upside down on the sand so I picked him up and placed it up and placed in a new spot only to notice straight away that my yellow tail damsel was head butting it to push it off the rock
You can grow it on the sand as long as its not burried by critters. Mines on the sand bed and I just shove rocks next to it. Once they are covered I give them away or trade to lfs for credit.

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had gsp close on me for a month, and one morning it opened and was neon green! Just give it time and keep the alage off it. While gsp loves little flow and high light, it needs stability

gregoryalln854

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if it was mentioned but when I raised GSP and moved them to a new tank I would always have to scale the lights back. I would slowly increase it back to normal and this seemed to do the trick.

OP
OP
StephenMcn

StephenMcn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still has not opened. I put my lights on acclamation also. I'm running 2 ai prime with the Dave saxby setting with adjusted blues

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think gsp will forever and always be bomb proof

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back