Guide to the Triton Method

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Parsa0361

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it really necessary to dose triton components in the refugium .
Due to surface problem ,I wanted to add components in the main pump box.( plus it has more flow there)

Doreno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Do I need use base method or other methods if total tank+sump value about 300l and refugium chamber about 22x25cm (length x width) ?

Thank you.

Doreno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And my second question maybe you have plans to release an additive specially designed for the growth of the Chaeto, it would be really very valuable and useful for many of us who have problems with the growth of the Chaeto due to the lack of necessary macro and micro elements for its growth, regardless of the method of keeping aquarium.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it really necessary to dose triton components in the refugium .
Due to surface problem ,I wanted to add components in the main pump box.( plus it has more flow there)
It is exactly what I do - add it in the return chamber. It works excellent. It is best tp dose 3a+b in a fast flowing part of the sump

Sincerely Lasse

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know if this has been asked- got to page 9 of this thread last night and fell asleep- will be setting up a 75 gallon Planet Aquarium with a 1” drain, only drain at that, and will have a Durso standpipe. Don’t know if I’ll be able to get to the 10x total volume turnover, but I intend on putting a manifold inline with my return pump. If I recycle some water via the manifold into the fuge section, can this be in lieu of the 10x minimum flow rate? I guess my drain will be around 600 gph as it is. Would this be ok, or would this necessitate the “other methods”? Thanks!

GandalfTheGray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys , for a 400 liter net tank, without a refugium, which size do you suggest for an algae reactor ?

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is really no definitive answer to this. I would say "as big as you can fit and afford". The larger the nutrient export system the more fish and coral your system can support. It is not uncommon for people to wish they had bought a larger filter component down the track.

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, I am setting up a new tank of 250 liters net for sps some lps. Where can I find information on products and dosages to start with tritone for ripening? all advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
!
Usually you don't start dosing TRITON Core7 until you see your Alkalinity start to drop as dosage is based on Alkalinity consumption.

Core7 has 9750dKH/L

TRITON Core7 starting dose:

2ml/100L/day

We recommend that you maintain your Alkalinity stable between 7 - 8 dKH.

If you start with this dose rate and your alkalinity continues to drop then increase the dose rate. If your alkalinity starts to rise then decrease the dose rate.

If you have an algae based filter (refugium/algae reactor/algae scrubber) then you would use TRITON Core7 Base Elements.

If you do not have an algae filter then you would use TRITON Core7 Reef Supplements.

iLMaRiO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
guys, let's assume I would like to start with full triton method WITHOUT a refugium

1. is an algae filter suggested ? If yes, which sizefor a 400 liters ?
2. best way to start after cycling the tank ? ICP, fix as suggested, put some corals inside and start to check for kH ? As soon it go lower than 8, i'll start to dose 2ml/100liters daily of each core7 product?

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. is an algae filter suggested ? If yes, which sizefor a 400 liters ?

Yes, as large as possible as we usually recommend a refugium of around 20% display tank volume.

2. best way to start after cycling the tank ? ICP, fix as suggested, put some corals inside and start to check for kH ? As soon it go lower than 8, i'll start to dose 2ml/100liters daily of each core7 product?

Yes, this is correct.

Fiziksgeek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How critical is the 10x display turn over with the Triton method?

I am setting up tank slightly less than 300 gallons with a remote sump, getting 3000 gph up story and over 30 feet would require a big return pump. Was planning an Abyzz A200 for the return, which based on a back of the napkin calculation might get me to ~2000 gph. Being remote, I have more than enough room for a large sump, was thinking a Synergy reef TS-72XL (72x24x18), but really don't want to go up to an Abyzz A400...!

iLMaRiO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any guide on how to size an algae reactor ? A refugium is suggestes as 10-20% of total volume, but what about an algae reactor ?

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used anything like a GHL KH director or an Alkatronic, to monitor as well as dose supplemental 3a/3b? Ill be using a Red Sea doser, but was wondering if there’s any advantages/disadvantages into setting up more Alk monitoring and control, in case of any severe Alk drops that I wouldn’t be able to control through the Red Sea…

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How critical is the 10x display turn over with the Triton method?

I am setting up tank slightly less than 300 gallons with a remote sump, getting 3000 gph up story and over 30 feet would require a big return pump. Was planning an Abyzz A200 for the return, which based on a back of the napkin calculation might get me to ~2000 gph. Being remote, I have more than enough room for a large sump, was thinking a Synergy reef TS-72XL (72x24x18), but really don't want to go up to an Abyzz A400...!
It is advised but i know a lot of successful aquariums running with less. The aim is to homogenise the water throughout the system so that the water in the sump is effectively the same as that in the display tank.

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any guide on how to size an algae reactor ? A refugium is suggestes as 10-20% of total volume, but what about an algae reactor ?
The ideal size of your nutrient export system (algae filter) is determined by your bioload. 10 - 20% is a guide as this covers most peoples needs. Regarding an algae filter I would advise going as large as possible to prevent any limitations. Ultimately your water will tell you if the nutrient export system (algae rufugium/reactor) is large enough for your stocking density and feeding regime.

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used anything like a GHL KH director or an Alkatronic, to monitor as well as dose supplemental 3a/3b? Ill be using a Red Sea doser, but was wondering if there’s any advantages/disadvantages into setting up more Alk monitoring and control, in case of any severe Alk drops that I wouldn’t be able to control through the Red Sea…
I haven't personally used these systems so I cannot advise. Maybe try posting the same question on the TRITON Applied Reef Bioscience Support Group page on Facebook. Plenty of experienced reefers in that group that may be able to assist

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys anyone using triton with an ATS without a refugium ?
I haven't personally so I cannot advise. Maybe try posting the same question on the TRITON Applied Reef Bioscience Support Group page on Facebook. Plenty of experienced reefers in that group that may be able to assist

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 56.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • None.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.1%
Back