GUIDE: Using buttons and switches with PLM-Adin Card!

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
@AZMSGT and @Gaël - sorry I misread the post but I think we are all on the same page.

The PLM-ADIN card gives inputs to the Profilux (allows you to read the status of a button for example), the L&S Port breakout box gives more outputs from the Profilux (allows you to control a DC pump for example).

Apologies for any confusion I caused by misreading the post.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks! I also have a write up for using the breakout box with up to 8 relays- will be posting that later today. Difficult to format things so they read well in a forum post.
Did you ever post about using relays? I couldn't find one relating to that but am looking to use the pl-adin to monitor for power outage, so would appreciate if you have any info. I understand the concept, just tryng to figure out how to apply it.

OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Did you ever post about using relays? I couldn't find one relating to that but am looking to use the pl-adin to monitor for power outage, so would appreciate if you have any info. I understand the concept, just tryng to figure out how to apply it.

That would be using their $30 S-Port & L-Port Breakout Box, not the PLM-ADIN. Its nice since that is not an additional card- its external.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
That would be using their $30 S-Port & L-Port Breakout Box, not the PLM-ADIN. Its nice since that is not an additional card- its external.
Hmm, my understanding was I needed the plm-adin using a relay. How would the breakout box work to detect a power outage? The GHL write up says to use a plm-adin since a digital input is needed. I am using a Profilux 3, so no built in port for power loss monitoring.

I was going off this writeup:

OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hmm, my understanding was I needed the plm-adin using a relay. How would the breakout box work to detect a power outage? The GHL write up says to use a plm-adin since a digital input is needed. I am using a Profilux 3, so no built in port for power loss monitoring.

I was going off this writeup:

Oh yeah, you could use that for power loss detection (input). I was thinking to control relays (output)

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Oh yeah, you could use that for power loss detection (input). I was thinking to control relays (output)
Yeah, I'm just not sure which relay I would need. Do you have one you have used or recommend?

Enea

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello, using the analog ports (1-10V) of the ADIN board, is it possible to create boolean functions in order to increase the number of buttons and not only have 4?

RED SEA