Gulf Coast

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that you selling all your stuff on Facebook? Why not just keep it?
Yeah, that's me. This stuff is not running on my current system, it was acquired for the upgrade and I won't be upgrading for another 20 months of so. By then I will have a completely different plan in place. All of the plumbing stuff is 1/2" and 3/4" and I will run 1" on a larger build. Our garage is overflowing with bikes, scooters, baseball stuff, and woodworking equipment. I don't have room to hold onto stuff I don't currently need.

Calebd91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been getting ready for my expansion from a 35g to a 75g. Well, last night there was an accident involving the new tank, and.... well, it doesn't look like I am expanding any more. So now I'm trying to get rid of some stuff that was to go in the 75. This is what I can return. I'll offer it here for anyone before hitting the facebook groups. PM me if your interested in anything.

One Spot Foxface approximately 3”

Hydros XP8 – Like new, used for about 2 months

Hydros X4 Starter Pack – Like new, used for about 2 months

Hydros Dosing Pump – Like new, used for about 2 months

Reef Octopus Classic 150INT 6” protein skimmer – new in box

Lifegard Automatic Feeder- new in box

ACKE Grow Light – good, used for about 3 months

Spears ¾” Schedule 80 Union (5 available) - new

Spears ½” Schedule 80 Union (4 available) - new

¾” Schedule 80 90 degree (2 available) - new

¾” Bulkhead slip x slip (2 available) - new

¾” Bulkhead slip x thread (thread on the flange side) (3 available) - new

¾” Bulkhead schedule 40 gasket (3 available) – new

¾” Schedule 80 orange pipe 46”

Scrap pieces of schedule 80 pipe – free if you get anything else

Coral RX dip, open bottle – free if you get anything else

Hikari Seaweed Extreme pellets, open bag – free if you get anything else
Hate to hear that!! Although it could be a good door open for bigger upgrade in future. I had similar incident with my 90g, but it was a busted seam after setup. Luckily was able to find a replacement and transferred all my new equipment over. Still a sick feeling after planning and buying a the excitement for new setup.
I may be interested in the hydros setup, pm me a price.

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to hear that!! Although it could be a good door open for bigger upgrade in future. I had similar incident with my 90g, but it was a busted seam after setup. Luckily was able to find a replacement and transferred all my new equipment over. Still a sick feeling after planning and buying a the excitement for new setup.
I may be interested in the hydros setup, pm me a price.
Yeah, I was pretty mad at myself when I cracked the glass. But I have so much on my plate right now that the decision to wait to upgrade has been a bit of a relief. I'm thinking about either going with a 220 or making my own aquarium. The more I think about it, the more I think I want to make my own. I'll send you a PM.

.Haliax.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I was pretty mad at myself when I cracked the glass. But I have so much on my plate right now that the decision to wait to upgrade has been a bit of a relief. I'm thinking about either going with a 220 or making my own aquarium. The more I think about it, the more I think I want to make my own. I'll send you a PM.
It's better to take your time and do everything right, just wait until the time is right. You'd most likely regret it if you rushed an upgrade.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just trying my best to be happy with what I have. I would much rather let this tank mature until it is completely covered with coral. That has always been my goal, the most beautiful tanks I have seen in the past were ones setup for 10+ years.

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just trying my best to be happy with what I have. I would much rather let this tank mature until it is completely covered with coral. That has always been my goal, the most beautiful tanks I have seen in the past were ones setup for 10+ years.
How long have you had this tank setup?

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the reason I said that was one of the most impressive tanks I ever saw was in Rich Gallop's house. It was his own personal tank, which surprised me since some people would not want to take care of a personal tank if they did it for work too. I was just floored at how much it was one live cohesive entity. Back then we all used powerheads, his powerheads at that point were just embedded in the rock, working or not. The powerheads had coral growing on them, likely long dead. Anyway that tank was just wall to wall coral, gorgeous.

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now is anyone interested in a Tiger Pistol Shrimp? I got one to keep my yashia goby company and then the yashia goby decided to jump through the 1/4" mesh net on my qt tank before they had a chance to meet up.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now is anyone interested in a Tiger Pistol Shrimp? I got one to keep my yashia goby company and then the yashia goby decided to jump through the 1/4" mesh net on my qt tank before they had a chance to meet up.

Well as you know, I already have one. That is unfortunate. Is that a no on just getting another Goby, that seems like the best bet.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how is everyone? It is getting quiet around here.

I did go find some more zoas at Petco that I still have no idea what they are. Every now and then I can find a gem in that store, plus they were were really cheap.

BamaCoastPyrat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how is everyone? It is getting quiet around here.

I did go find some more zoas at Petco that I still have no idea what they are. Every now and then I can find a gem in that store, plus they were were really cheap.
I found a 110 gallon marine land reef ready tank for cheap. It was gross when I got it but I have it about cleaned up now. But I've lost steam on the project and I think I'm going to sell it.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a 110 gallon marine land reef ready tank for cheap. It was gross when I got it but I have it about cleaned up now. But I've lost steam on the project and I think I'm going to sell it.

Also sometimes you just need to slow down and enjoy the process. This is coming from someone that goes full speed on any project and apt to burn out (me).

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, with everything else in life right now, that is where I'm at. So who wants a 110?

Not me man. Our house is at full capacity of salt water. Times change and just in case, I prefer to keep a tank that I can manage with the ups and downs that life throws at ya. I may do a bigger one in retirement.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back