HA coming back after 9 months

Macro algaes, feed less, lighten your bioload, basically the normal balancing of nutrient import and export.
 
Ya I thought the obvious would be the answer : ) I feed every other day, 3 chromis, 2 clowns, and a coral beauty. Fuge full of chaeto. Maybe I should split the chaeto ?
 
It might be helpful to do some nitrate and phosphate tests to see where you stand on nutrient levels. If you have a good skimmer, carbon dosing would be a great solution for nitrate issues. If you have elevated levels of phosphate, a GFO reactor would be good to handle that issue.
 
I think that I may install a reactor, I hae one on the tank downstairs, but it doesnt seem to do much to HA in that tank, I will run some tests tonight and see what may be up. I did a 10% WC the other day, hopefully that will slow it down.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new