• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Hanna organizers needed

Urtoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:oops: I have your build link in my favorites @WallyB. The fact that you used something of my tinkering, my mind is blown.
I only used TinkerCad for that remix form @Avraven on Thingiverse Alk monitor.
I was pleasantly surprised with how easy TinkerCad was compared to Fusion360, but I will be taking online class (youtube) soon to learn the Fusion.
I am looking at stretching the unit a bit and adding more room for CA reagent and tester next.
Possibly Sunday or Monday.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:oops: I have your build link in my favorites @WallyB. The fact that you used something of my tinkering, my mind is blown.
I only used TinkerCad for that remix form @Avraven on Thingiverse Alk monitor.
I was pleasantly surprised with how easy TinkerCad was compared to Fusion360, but I will be taking online class (youtube) soon to learn the Fusion.
I am looking at stretching the unit a bit and adding more room for CA reagent and tester next.
Possibly Sunday or Monday.
Cool. I always wonder if anyone reads my threads. Maybe quietly. Some folks post Likes, but it's me just talking.

I need to learn some kind of CAD to make my stuff.
I did try Google SKETCHUP, but not for 3D printing.
Maybe I'll try TinkerCad, or Fusion360.... if you recommend it. ( don't know where to start)
I just need simple stuff (copy and paste, and resize). Nothing complex, but you never know.

Last edited:

Urtoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TinkerCAD, my new friend. It is the thing that really set me on the tinkering with designs. Super simple for me, google a Few times to search, and think of negative space.

Fusion 360 is free for home use, but that is a monster. The learning curve is pretty steep, that is why I am going to get some Dansk Mjod in me and click on the YouTube to try to learn it a bit this weekend.

3D Reefin'

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. I always wonder if anyone reads my threads. Maybe quietly. Some folks post Likes, but it's me just talking.

I need to learn some kind of CAD to make my stuff.
I did try Google SKETCHUP, but not for 3D printing.
Maybe I'll try TinkerCad, or Fusion360.... if you recommend it. ( don't know where to start)
I just need simple stuff (copy and paste, and resize). Nothing complex, but you never know.

Go with Fusion 360, the learning curve is a bit of a hurdle, but you wont regret learning it, for your application, Fusion 360 will make your life easier. I designed this on a similar software (Solidworks):

As you can see from the post, you can can make assemblies, cutaway views and see how components will work with each other. Motion can be added to see how you mechanism will work.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with Fusion 360, the learning curve is a bit of a hurdle, but you wont regret learning it, for your application, Fusion 360 will make your life easier. I designed this on a similar software (Solidworks):

As you can see from the post, you can can make assemblies, cutaway views and see how components will work with each other. Motion can be added to see how you mechanism will work.
ok. I will check out your Thread. Any tips to get started will help me get past the learning curve.

I did try TINKER CAD last night. Just move around some objects. Barely started.
Seemed simple to learn.

I rather put in the Effort for One CAD program, even if it takes a bit longer to get going.

But not too long. I have the Printer To Also learn, and want to start designing the Mini Alk Monitor.
I have everything on paper. Even got a Caliper to do fine measurements.

What are the best forums, resources for this CAD Stuff.
I guess like TinkerCAD, Fusion 360 Probably comes with Lessons.

Difrano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2718 (2).jpg

Just posted the stl on Thingiverse
Just printed mine, thank you so much, also printed the Alk one
20200523_221201.jpg
20200523_221205.jpg
20200523_221216.jpg
20200523_221224.jpg
20200523_221246.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back