Hard plumbing T

KHH

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2024
Messages
227
Reaction score
108
Location
Denver
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m brand new to plumbing so I might not even have the right verbiage here so forgive me.

Im trying to plumb in a UV sterilizer to my system. I have 1 inch soft plumbing coming from my return pump.

Do they make a T splitter that is barbed and then the T can be set up with a split union?

I’ve tried googling it but can’t seem to find anything. If anyone has a link or an idea I would appreciate it.
 
yeah you might wanna consider a union/ barbed fitting combo: hard plumb unions on the UV itself with the other side of the union having a threaded barb.
Although i theory you could just use a hose clamp on the vinyl/silicone tube, it’s waaaaay easier to disconnect a union for servicing….
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new