Has Vibrant helped you beat bubble algae?

Does vibrant 100% kill bubble algae

• Yes, with no issues

Votes: 48 69.6%
  • Yes, but hurt coral or other livestock

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • No, it did not work for me

Votes: 15 21.7%

• Total voters

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately its not and im on 7 or 8 weeks of vibrant. It has definitely affected the bubble algae but it hasnt died off yet. So im hoping a few more weeks and itll die off.

I used Vibrant weekly but took 3+ months for bubble and green hair algae. Bubble never came back, but either green hair algae snuck back in again or we only got 99.9% of it because GHA is back :(

Biopellet reactor has been the best addition to controlling our nitrates and phosphates, but we are doing manual GHA removal as well as back on Vibrant. BF swears UV makes GHA grow... lol Wishing you much luck and patience - hang in there!

OP
OP
TheDragonsReef

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Vibrant weekly but took 3+ months for bubble and green hair algae. Bubble never came back, but either green hair algae snuck back in again or we only got 99.9% of it because GHA is back :(

Biopellet reactor has been the best addition to controlling our nitrates and phosphates, but we are doing manual GHA removal as well as back on Vibrant. BF swears UV makes GHA grow... lol Wishing you much luck and patience - hang in there!
I'm having to dose phosphates just to keep them from bottoming out, that's why I'm surprised it hasn't died off on its own

ceaver

Stability is all!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having to dose phosphates just to keep them from bottoming out, that's why I'm surprised it hasn't died off on its own
Same here, but have also had bubble algae and now cyano following/during Vibrant. It's not entirely clear to me whether corals or algae would soak up phosphates first, so I'm not clear on whether I should have detectable phosphates while also having algae or not (hopefully that makes sense).

It worked so good on bubble algae. Killed my mushrooms though. Og bounces
I will say, I have blue mushrooms that I wish vibrant would wipe out, but sadly there's been no impact on these shrooms... Sorry for your loss there.

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I did lose one species of mushroom while dosing but all others were fine.
Yeah, I think it depends. But happened on two different occasions and two different tanks. Might depend on dosage of vibrant but i was dosing every two days for the ba. works great! But if I were to do it again, I would move valuable shrooms out. All other corals did good

OP
OP
TheDragonsReef

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I think it depends. But happened on two different occasions and two different tanks. Might depend on dosage of vibrant but i was dosing every two days for the ba. works great! But if I were to do it again, I would move valuable shrooms out. All other corals did good
Im still doing the 10ml per gallon once a week. I was worried about going to the higher dosage

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fluconazole fixed it for me but since it eliminated other useful micro flora it created other issues. 1000% I need to be waaaaay more careful in the future.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on the 5th week of dosing Vibrant twice weekly for a severe bubble algae infestation. In the first couple of weeks it took out the chaeto in my refugium, which I expected, but no noticeable impact on the bubble algae. But starting around week 4, I started noticing the bubble algae going from green to clear, and thinning out as many bubbles started detaching from the rocks and ending up in my filters. Each day this week, more and more have turned clear and started falling apart. It appears to finally be working.

In this photo, it's difficult to see, but about 75% of the bubbles have turned clear:
IMG_1300.jpg

RazorRamon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Attacking it multiple ways is the best. Remove as much as you can manually. Then dose vibrant according to directions. Add emerald crabs. Should be gone within a month

Melanie Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vibrant works for getting rid of bubble algae in my tanks. It bottomed out my nutrients and i got dinos the first time I used it. My fault for not testing enough. Now i dose Microbacter 7 when i use it and everything stays stable for me. Vibrant is the only thing I've used that fully eliminated my bubble algae. Emerald crabs never ate it fast enough to keep it under control.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble algae is just one of those pests i cant get out of the tank. Emerald crabs never touch it. The tangs will eat the pieces they can reach but they cant get into tight spaces. Ive seen some good results with vibrant but ive heard some horror stories with it hurting sps as well. So please vote if youve had any experience with vibrant vs bubble algae.
I have emeralds and red coral crabs and the ONLY bubble algae I have ever seen is in places the crabs can’t get to, shell of a trochus, return nozzle a hanging GSP island.
ive never seen one eat it, but never seen bubbles were they can

maybe you need them before the infestation starts

OP
OP
TheDragonsReef

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have emeralds and red coral crabs and the ONLY bubble algae I have ever seen is in places the crabs can’t get to, shell of a trochus, return nozzle a hanging GSP island.
ive never seen one eat it, but never seen bubbles were they can

maybe you need them before the infestation starts
i have 5-6 emeralds and plenty of bubble algae they could easily get to. They just dont touch it. Not saying yours dont, just my particular batch does not.

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 4 months of dosing, 2 of them dosing every 3 days, it didn't erradicate bubble algae, but it did erradicate a few large sps.

20210307_123306.jpg

After I stopped, all sorts of green hair algae took hold, although my nutrients were in check.

Dangerous product for me, it completely messed up the tank's biome.

ceaver

Stability is all!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was dosing every 3 days when my rainbow monti took a nose dive. I wonder if there's something particular to montis and their reaction to frequent dosing of vibrant...?

Ardeus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of all the corals, the encrusting and platting montis were the ones that suffered the most.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 4 months of dosing, 2 of them dosing every 3 days, it didn't erradicate bubble algae, but it did erradicate a few large sps.

20210307_123306.jpg

After I stopped, all sorts of green hair algae took hold, although my nutrients were in check.

Dangerous product for me, it completely messed up the tank's biome.
oh my heavens, heart in my stomach - so sorry bud

I didn't want it in my system in order to protect a cheato mass... highly replaceable chaeto mass...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 8.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back