HectorJ's 8g nuvo Mixed

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I started posting about my nuvo on nanoreef, but since there is a lot more flow here I wanted to post it on here too!

So I came home from deployment and had 2 new nuvos I never used along with several other tanks so after 5 years in the hobby I decided to get my nanos running.. Always admired the beauty people could manage in small tanks so I want to see if I can do it too

So my current hardware list is:
1x Eheim 25w heater
1x Innovative marine minimax reactor
1x Nano razor 420
1x Spectrapure 90gpd system
1x mj900 returnpump(upgraded)

Current livestock consists of:

Zoas/palys-

Rastas
Utter chaos
Whammin watermelon
Vivid rainbows
Tutti frutti
Captain America
Lunar eclipse
Some random pink polyps?

Shrooms-
Purple /w red dots

LPS-
Frogspawn
Torch coral

Fish-
1x Grade A Snowflake Clownfish
1x Yellow Clown Goby

More to come from recent order Thanks to AquaSD

image.jpg

OP
OP
smiley28

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of my zoas are courtesy of lps1212 here on reef2reef

Next goal is to find a way to over feed lps without putting to much into the tank or have the ability to remove it

As of yet everything is going good zoas have shown positive growth in the last 2 weeks

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome back to the hobby and thank you for your service! tank is looking good. Just a question, why would you want to overfeed your lps?

OP
OP
smiley28

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome back to the hobby and thank you for your service! tank is looking good. Just a question, why would you want to overfeed your lps?
not that I want to exactly but in the past I fed lps corals excessively and I'm sure the same habbit won't work so well in such a small tank although currently looking to buy Fauna Marin LPS pellets to possibly make feeding all the acans I've got coming on a regular basis

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well then, you're cool :) I imagine you can cut down on the nutrients by just being very targeted with the feedings.

OP
OP
smiley28

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bored checked tds reading randomly came out as 0 check PO4 came out 0 so guess tm I'll check everything else
Have some stuff coming to clean up and permanently place my frags(Ecotechs coral glue) new much smaller siphon cause I was siphoning way to fast before causing me to change what I felt was to much water for an 8g the rest of the dry goods are simply just stocking up media bags, poly filter etc..

Heard back from Will at AquaSD future frags are:

ASD X Force Acan
ASD Joker Acan
ASD Royal Seduction Acan
ASD Flame Suit Acan
ASD Crusader Acan
Toon Town Acan
Tiger Beast Acan
Ice Breaker Shroom

Whelp everything seems good time to wait and see where I'm going to place these acans
Pics to come..

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

OP
OP
smiley28

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

image.jpg

More fails but hey everything is doing well so far even have a monti that has encrusted to the rock and all the acans are fluffy!
Not happy with the flow or lighting however I wish I could figure something with t5s out for this tank but that won't happen and I'm really considering getting an mp10 here in the next few days.. The current flow is ok just not making me happy though..

Still hoping my friend lets me get my hands on his camera for a better fts cause I'm not doing these corals justice ESP the recent purchases from aquasd, and a fellow reefer here on reef2reef

OP
OP
smiley28

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

New toy have it set to min on lagoon mode, but will adjust accordingly. Switched back to the basic return pump, but got a brand new one out of my extra nuvo. So the mp10 with be doing most of the work in the display area. Planning on part-time skimming so if anyone knows how to get a nuvo reactor desktop size, an original pump, and any skimmer to fit neatly together in this tank feel free to give input please.

OP
OP
smiley28

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank. How are you liking your lights?

To this day I'm having trouble with them on such a small/shallow. I've searched and asked around and tested some settings and I'm comfortable with where I'm at with the light, but I'm prob going to have to stay more lps/softies for awhile as I slowly find corals that don't mind higher lighting.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 62 32.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 50 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 20.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back