Helios vs v2 review wanted

tank o tang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to upgrade my 2 photon v1's to either the v2 or the helios. Yes I've read the descriptions and don't think the 5 watts will make or break the decision. I do like that I can just swap out the reds and greens for other colors since most people just turn them off. On my original photon I pulled all the secondary optics to get a better blend and cover front to back. Will the optics give me the same advantage with the helios's cluster lenses? Does the v2 give a better blend since they are spaced wider? Lights will hang on a light rack in the canopy about 10" off the surface of a 180gal tank. Big purchase so have to get this right the first time, wife definitely doesn't want to hear of any do overs. Anyone have the helios and wish they went v2 or have v2 and wish they went helios? Again I'm capable of reading the descriptions of each but looking for owners views on spread and blending. Please don't tell me to get a radion unless your buying (in that case I'll take 3), I've already made my mind to go reefbreeders. Can't seem to find many revies on the helios but a ton on the v2.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back