Hello again, it's been a few years.

ladynavyvet

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2017
Messages
17
Reaction score
66
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm back after being absent for several years. After I totally gave up on having corals in my previous 50 gallon tank I decided to wait until I could upgrade to the larger, more coral appropriate tank I wanted. Last summer I purchased a 70 gallon tank that while it's larger, it's also not as deep. Of course I upgraded all the way around, lightning and dual filter pumps. Since all the previous live sand and rocks, as well as 1 of the filter pumps were transferred from my previous tank I the initial setup was faster. I only had 1 fish from my previous saltwater tank to move into the new 1, and it went in as soon as the physical setup was completed.
I've been very slow about adding corals to this new tank. Some have been a total success, others, oh well. I've been blessed with a nice growth of beneficial algae, as opposed to the nasty "long hair algae" that I battled in the old tank.
For any who look back at any of my older posts, yes, I've retained my Star Wars theme.

17367167988874832234282202179524.jpg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to R2R!
Whats Up Hello GIF by Make it Move
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new