Hello Alaska

JimSWreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I am in Fairbanks Alaska doing this reeding hobby. Thing are hard to come by and expensive, but I am having fun. My tank is cycling day 9 right now. I have a 30 gal I am working on. It's my first saltwater tank. Anyways just wanted to say hi and see if there are any other reefers in AK. Cheers!

HaWrasser

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to R2R Jim! this hobby must not be too popular up there in Alaska i imagine prices are just out of control. do you have any local fish stores around you or do you need to have all your livestock flown in?

OP
OP
JimSWreef

JimSWreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to R2R Jim! this hobby must not be too popular up there in Alaska i imagine prices are just out of control. do you have any local fish stores around you or do you need to have all your livestock flown in?

Our only fish store went out of business before I got back from deployment. The only source right now is a Petco but boy it is slim pickings... I bought just about everything online and shipping is insane. I ball parked a fish from vivid aquariums and one $20 fish will cost an extra 40$ in shipping...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back