Hello everybody

Xenia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'am a dutch reefster and i used to have a nice looking reeftank. I got depressed and i really hit rockbottem.
Last year i lost my beautifull baby girl, she whas going to be mentally and physically handicapted and i didnt want a life for her like that ( i didnt go true with the pregnancy ), man the pain and sadness that will come with that is the hardest and should nobody every feel.

I have a son that is autistic so i cannot really go to reefshops or go visit other reefers im pretty much stuck at home.

I looked at my reeftank last week and my beuatifull tank aint so beautifull anymore, i want to revive her and bring back my owns happyness.

I made a other treath about active carbon and reactors, with the help of you guys i hope i can get back up and be proud of my little reeftank.

It is a custom made reeftank that i bought second hand, its a 80 bij 70 bij 60 cm tank with sump i only have a skimmer on it but i made a post about active carbon and rowaphos and reactors !
The first step to improve.

It has 5 fish, nemo's, dampsel a lipfish a henkie and a little blue fish
2 hermit crabs a red one and a blue one
small snails
oh and 2 sea urgents ( my avatar )

she has a apasia problem but i will be getting help from a fellow reefer with that problem.
i love bubble tips i have 4 green ones ( the red one started shrinking when the green ones got it never to be seen again )
some xenia, star polyp, really green coral ( leather one ) a kenia tree, 2 typs of mushrooms and 3 almost diying buttons that i found yesterday
a big gorgonian and a small branch gorgonian

i hope you guys can help me bring back the joy i ones had and when my tank is looking a bit better i will be posting some photo's.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'am a dutch reefster and i used to have a nice looking reeftank. I got depressed and i really hit rockbottem.
Last year i lost my beautifull baby girl, she whas going to be mentally and physically handicapted and i didnt want a life for her like that ( i didnt go true with the pregnancy ), man the pain and sadness that will come with that is the hardest and should nobody every feel.

I have a son that is autistic so i cannot really go to reefshops or go visit other reefers im pretty much stuck at home.

I looked at my reeftank last week and my beuatifull tank aint so beautifull anymore, i want to revive her and bring back my owns happyness.

I made a other treath about active carbon and reactors, with the help of you guys i hope i can get back up and be proud of my little reeftank.

It is a custom made reeftank that i bought second hand, its a 80 bij 70 bij 60 cm tank with sump i only have a skimmer on it but i made a post about active carbon and rowaphos and reactors !
The first step to improve.

It has 5 fish, nemo's, dampsel a lipfish a henkie and a little blue fish
2 hermit crabs a red one and a blue one
small snails
oh and 2 sea urgents ( my avatar )

she has a apasia problem but i will be getting help from a fellow reefer with that problem.
i love bubble tips i have 4 green ones ( the red one started shrinking when the green ones got it never to be seen again )
some xenia, star polyp, really green coral ( leather one ) a kenia tree, 2 typs of mushrooms and 3 almost diying buttons that i found yesterday
a big gorgonian and a small branch gorgonian

i hope you guys can help me bring back the joy i ones had and when my tank is looking a bit better i will be posting some photo's.

Welcome! Glad you joined. My heart goes out to you. I can't imagine what you went thru and continue to do. It sounds like you have tremendous BBA - Bounce Back Ability - that is great for this hobby and also wonderful life skill.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Sometimes it also helps to have pictures of now in your tank, so you can see the progress you will be making over time. Your aquarium will take time to come back, patience is the magic in this hobby.

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!!

I'm very sorry for your loss, I hope being here can help keep you encouraged and bring back your reef and joy in the hobby! You will find endless help and information here, along with tons of great people!!

I look forward to seeing your tank and seeing the progress that is made on it!

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back