Hello Everyone

SilverStruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greeting R2R community!

Just a quick introduction. I have been an Aquarist in one form or another for around 20 years. It started with my love of Bettas. I eventually got to the point of breeding and selling them in my local area for a few years. During that time, around 10 years ago, I tried my first 55g FOWLR tank. That turned in to a soft coral tank (couldn't help myself). And I tried my hand at a 20g planted tank. I had to pick my family up and move to a different state for my job. Because we were moving in to a small apartment I had to lose my 55g and most of my Bettas and was left with just a 20g reef tank and a couple 3g Bettas.

Over the next few years, we moved to a new house and I picked up a 30g all-in-one and transferred over my corals. I bred Bettas again in the new state (just can't stay away). While on my daughter's Make-A-Wish trip our house lost power and my 30g crashed. Eww. I turned it to a planted Betta tank. We got our old 55g w/sump out of storage and put it together as a Cichlid tank, something my wife wanted.

Well life being what it is, here I am in the middle of separating from my wife. Since I have full control I gave away my Cichlids and have reconverted the 55g w/sump back into a mixed reef aquarium. I am about 6 months in to that aquarium. I will get all my pictures together to make a tank build thread in the near future.

For now though this is a picture today. I just came back from the Atlanta Reef Club Coral and Aquatics Expo and have a new group of corals in QT.
EarlyPic.jpg

And yes I know I need to do some wire management back there!

OP
OP
SilverStruck

SilverStruck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome @SilverStruck ! I hope the tanks help you to get through the current trials you are going through!
There are plenty of folks here to laugh with and take your mind off of things when necessary :)

Yeah, thanks. I tend to overshare but sharing my tank experience is why I joined.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.8%
Back