hello from buffalo ny

gmneil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i'm not that new to this forum, i spend most of my time on some of the other sites, using the same name.

anyway i want to ge a little more active here on r2r.

i currently have a 125g standard dimensions with a 29gallon sump, i know the sump seems little small but it works fine in my situation, i also have 2 ten gallons plumbed into the same system all under the stand

for filtration i use filter socks from time to time, regular water changes, and an octo extreme 200 skimmer,

return pump is a mag 12, connected to a 1" sqwd, and for the 2 ten gallon tanks i am using a via aqua pump ran through my 2 2lf reactors one contaning carbon, and one contaning phos ban media.

the 2 ten gallon tanks i had set up to use for breeding purposes however one i use to for my cheto and the other i do have a pair of banggai cardinals, which the male is acctually holding eggs, finally

as for the display

lighting is 2 lumenarc minis ( due to a center brace ) lit by 2 250w reeflux 20k's, supplemented by 2 54w t-5's. and 2 powerbright actinic led strips, all on timers, the led's come on 1 hr before the t-5's, and go off 3 hours after the t-5's, the t-5's come on 2 hrs before the mh's and go off 2 hrs after them, and the mh are on for 8hrs..

the tank contains about 75 - 100 lbs of live rock mostly all drilled and stacked, this allows more room for the fish to swim and better flo for the coarls,

i currently have mostly frags in the tank due to my budget as they can get very expensive, my corals are mostly sps, acros, and monti's, i have a few lps, and some chalices which i plan on getting more of, i also have gotten into the zoo's and palys and have aquired some of the higher end ones as well..

my fish list isnt that large. i have my dream fish an achillies tang, a yellow tang, a copperband butterfly, 1 green chromis, 2 true percula misbar clowns, and 4 banggai cardinal fish,

i do plan on adding some more chromis a mandarin and a fish i cannot seem to keep a naso tang..

i also plan on adding many more corals but i really want to get more of the higher end stuff so i can get some of my money back in the future.

for top off i use a sunami ato out of a ten gallon tank filled with r/o water and i mix my kalk directly in my ato container,

my params are all within range so much so that i test alot more infrequently now.

this is getting long so if i forgot anything i will mention it later and i will be glad to post pics either later 2day or within the next day or so

thanks

neil

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome here...I like the way you described your set up...now I'll be looking forward to pictures!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet! Great to have you here and glad your going to be more active! :D

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neil--- Welcome to r2r! Great description of the tank ! +1 on ladi's comment --- i cant wait to see some pics !
again, welcome ! :)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back