Hello from Greensboro, NC!

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you run the tanks at your facility too?
They had a professional company come in to do the water changes, etc. I was an educator, so we used the tanks as curriculum. Our facility had an aquarium exhibit called Rivers to Reefs. This area showcased all of the aquatic life from the headwaters in the Appalachians to the coastal waterways. Thus, we had fresh, brackish and salt. My favorite was the horseshoe crab touch tank - (minus the part about letting kids stick their meat hooks into the tank.) I loved the crabs. Personality plus. We also had stunning blue crayfish, our salt tanks had flounder - so wicked cool - puffers, tangs and lion fish. I had these amazing lined gloves for going in that tank and it still scared the crap out of me.
I miss that place every day.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I'm relatively new to the hobby, starting with a 5 gallon pico reef due to space constraints in my living arrangements, but I'm super excited to be getting back into reefing! I have never owned a reef of my own, but my family had a 120 gallon reef aquarium when I was growing up. I was absolutely captivated by it when I was young, sitting in front of the tank for hours after school each day. I developed a real love of the sea and marine life, and took a job after college where I actually worked as an environmental educator. In that job I also took care of my workplace's aquariums, a 200 gallon square, 40 gallon, five 20 gallons, and 10 gallon, primarily brackish aquariums where we housed wildlife from the estuary nearby, but a freshwater and proper saltwater as well. Learned a lot, loved that job, kept fish, inverts, algae, and the like, but didn't get a chance to really keep corals, other than a gorgonian that had washed up after a storm. That job whetted my appetite, and after a year of moves and uncertain living situations, I finally feel comfortable enough to finally get a reef of my own!
Welcome to the reefing world! Also welcome to the largest online reef forum out there! R2R is a great place to gain knowledge and learn from all kinds of hobbyists!

If you are interested I have a reefing channel I have had going this past year and nearing 1K subs! Think its been a fun little "family" I have grown and its a fun community as well to be a part of! Think after R2R, YouTube can be one of the best places to get information on reefing! Again welcome!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
F13CC8A2-CCC6-483F-80F5-EC95AF943498.jpeg

Back