hello from Michigan

nismo_sky32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I'm recently new to marine aquaria but not the fish keeping addiction. I've been lurking for quite awhile and will finally be setting up a few aquariums(2 jbj rl30s and anuvo 8) after the holidays. Unfortunately I don't have any build pics to share but should have plenty coming up in the near future

Dmmz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome I'm from michigan as well

OP
OP
N

nismo_sky32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcomes. I'm located about 5 minutes from metro airport and 20 from Detroit. Not much to do this time of year around here so I figure it would be a great time to start up in the hobby.

mhardish308

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never posted before. I find myself creeping around on the forums for information and great pics, but i feel like i have to post and show support for fellow Michiganders! Posting from Ye Olde Battle Creek! :D

OP
OP
N

nismo_sky32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Michigan seems to be big into the aquarium obsession, both fresh and salty. My dive into the hobby started 18 years ago when I was in high school. I started with larger central and south American cichlids in a 125 gallon but once I graduated and got married I got out of the hobby for awhile. About 4 years ago I got back in and was breeding African cichlids and catfish. At one point in time I had 32 tanks going in my basement but the upkeep and cost got to be too much. I've pretty much sold off all of my freshwater tanks and equipment and I'm slowly getting everything I need for my three salty tanks. As of now I have the 2 jbj rl30s, the nuvo 8, three cobalt neo therm heaters and a reef breeders value fixture. Waiting on my bonus in January and I'll be buying the rest of what I need or want. That list consists of an ecotech mp10, an rodi unit, 2 lumentek 120s, the live rock, live sand, test kits and possibly a smaller powerhead for my sons fowlr tank. I'm plan on stocking light so I'm trying the skimmer less route at first. If there's anything. If there's anything I'm forgetting, feel free to let me know

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never posted before. I find myself creeping around on the forums for information and great pics, but i feel like i have to post and show support for fellow Michiganders! Posting from Ye Olde Battle Creek! :D

BC! Cereal Capital of the World! I lived there most my life, originally from Detroit.

slate744

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need to start posting more on the local reefers club section here on r2r. Looks like we have a few more people than I tought here on r2r

OP
OP
N

nismo_sky32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be awesome to connect with some local refers. Michigan reefers site seems to be dead other than the selling forum

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 150 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back