IMG_2112.JPG

IMG_1901.JPG

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How many gallons? Clean looking stand btw.

OP
OP
InspectorGadget

InspectorGadget

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I designed this tank from scratch. Everything but the pumps and skimmers were diy. The tank was designed around me working 70 hours a week and being able to enjoy the hobby with the little time I have.

Tank--
1/2" Cell cast acrylic, 36 gallons, built from scratch. Bean animal designed overflow plumbed into the back of the tank (baffles built into tank). Maxspect Gyre powerhead
Sump--
20 gallon sump made from a 20 gallon glass aquarium. Baffles were taken from another 20 gallon tank and cut to size. Contains 1 box of ceramic bioballs, filter sock, 2 heaters with heater controller, BRS media reactor, Tunze DC skimmer with BRS co2 scrubber, Siche 3.0 return pump and Siche micro pump for water changes (plumped into my crawlspace and into a water drainage pipe).
ATO/Water change tank----
Next to the sump in the same cabinet is a 20 gallon glass aquarium with a glass baffle separating a water change tank and ATO. The top is 1/4" acrylic with 2 4" pvc cleanout caps for access (top is completely sealed). My RO unit is under my crawlspace. It is controlled by an "normally closed" solenoid. A flip of a switch send water up into my ATO holding tank or water change tank depending on the ball valves that I open. The tank is then plumped to the sump. By a flip of a switch, I can drain water from my sump and then flip another switch to drain fresh mixed water back into the sump, making water changes very easy.
Lights--
Rapid LED dimmable diy kit, 9 white, 2 blue, 2 red and 2 green CREE LED's, moonlight kit with 2 true UV LEDS, dimmable T5 kit with ATI True Blue Plus lights. Canopy has 4 pc fans cooling the lights.
Chemicals--
Red Sea reef salt. Aquaforest probiotic method and products. ULNS

IMG_2233.JPG

IMG_2236.JPG

IMG_2235.JPG

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You might enjoy a day trip to JKS in Knoxville if you are near the Tn line.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 52 24.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 50 23.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back