Hello from TN

jules11vb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm new to this site from Chattanooga, TN. I have had my saltwater aquarium for about 5 years now. It is kinda modest because I have many other interests as well. It's a 29 Gal (tall) with live rock and currently a yellow tang and scooter blenny (my maroon clown who has been with me for 4 years just died). Over the years, I've not had great luck with it, but I love it. I was thinking I could probably learn a thing or two by talking to other people with the same interests because I don't know anyone else with an aquarium.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME to R2R!!!

How long have you have your tang? THey arent really supposed to be in tanks smaller then 75 gallons

Garth Schafluetzel

75 gal mixed tank in work
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to R2R good to see some one else from chattanooga and im sure youve browsed through that chattanooga reef club area on this site i have had my tank for almost 3 years now but just started meeting people from here and attaned my first meeting last month. i have plans on paying my membership fees after the frag swap we have coming up this month. there are alot of helpful people on this site so feel free to ask questions normally if its a good subject youll have about 20 differnt answers in about 20 mins lol

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i would spare the tang the misery and let him go to a bigger home but welcome how about a full tank shot?

ofblong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow tangs have ALWAYS been recommended for tanks 30g or bigger. Its the only tang recommended for that size.

OP
OP
jules11vb

jules11vb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. I will try to get a full shot of my tank on here soon. Garth, thanks for saying hi. I am hoping to meet some people in Chattanooga who have saltwater tanks. As for the Tang, he seems to be fine and I wouldn't have bought him if someone told me that he required a larger tank. Hoping that this forum will keep me more informed so I don't have to take the seller's word for it. I have always told the LFS the size and other inhabitants of my tank before adding any new stuff.

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well if you would like you can pm me and you can come buy and see the tank usually if im not at work im at home with my tank lol and if you dont mind me asking what LFS are you going to because i dont think donny or john would tell you to throw a tang in your 29 tall but if you only kept it till the size a little bigger than a silver dollar so i owuld say when they a young and extremly small go for it but my yellow tang seems to be outgrowing my 75 every day. and im not trying to start any conflict on this thread but if your listing to petco or petcare warehouse please stop and ask your questions here or ask donny at fifth day or john out at bermuda. i listen to them and spent over 700dollars at petcare and know every piece of it is sitting in my back room for emergencies or a quick QT tank lol

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well if you would like you can pm me and you can come buy and see the tank usually if im not at work im at home with my tank lol and if you dont mind me asking what LFS are you going to because i dont think donny or john would tell you to throw a tang in your 29 tall but if you only kept it till the size a little bigger than a silver dollar so i owuld say when they a young and extremly small go for it but my yellow tang seems to be outgrowing my 75 every day. and im not trying to start any conflict on this thread but if your listing to petco or petcare warehouse please stop and ask your questions here or ask donny at fifth day or john out at bermuda. i listen to them and spent over 700dollars at petcare and know every piece of it is sitting in my back room for emergencies or a quick QT tank lol

+1 ask your questions here, now that ur here dont be afraid people here are only looking to help unlike most LFS who just want ur money. I never trust big chains as they just want ur money:tongue3:

GotSalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome :hello2:

Its always nice to see other locals show up here. Going to the frag swap next weekend?

Garth Schafluetzel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey got salt were you at the last meeting or one of the no shows lol i would realy like to be more active in the group and trying to get to know everyone locally on a more personal level than from computer screen to computer screen lol

ofblong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes im wrong. looked it up (I could have swore I remember them being 30g tank mates 3 years ago when I was in SW) but alot of places are saying 100g tanks min.

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! Glad to see another chatt town local posting. As everyone has said ask any questions you may have. This site has some great people who love to help. Hope to get a chance to meet you at the swap. Watch the chatt forum for info about the swap.

Patrick

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 ask your questions here, now that ur here dont be afraid people here are only looking to help unlike most LFS who just want ur money. I never trust big chains as they just want ur money:tongue3:

i know a few LFS that will turn a customer away if they customer doesnt know what they are doing. but its a sad fact that the majority of stores are like that.

oh and welcome! :):):)

i found this place, and its much more laid back, and i like it a lot!

OP
OP
jules11vb

jules11vb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I now have photos of my tank. Could someone explain to me how to get the photos to show up in the actual posting, large?? I've never done it before and I've never used photobucket. Thanks.

Attachments

• 100_2620.jpg
    100_2620.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 161

ofblong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I now have photos of my tank. Could someone explain to me how to get the photos to show up in the actual posting, large?? I've never done it before and I've never used photobucket. Thanks.

type

also you can goto www.tinypic.com and browse to your picture then click upload. Then just copy the link it gives you in the img brackets and paste it on here.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back