Hello Members I Need Your Help!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let me start off by saying that I believe reefers are some of the best people in the world who are not afraid to give for something they believe in. R2R (club-zoa) in the past 2 years has given over $3000 to generous causes including gifts for needy children at Christmas and this past year we gave over $1000 to a members family here who had lost a child when she was hit by a school bus while riding her bike.

This year this is allot earlier than when we normally start, but we have a great and worthy need that we can help with. This is something I am personally involved with and know the child first hand. This child and his family go to our church.

Mason Plott who is 7 years old was injured in an automobile accident and is left a quadriplegic unable to walk and use his arms and hands. He also lost his grandmother in this accident. Mason is a very sweet boy and his parents and family are the kindest and best people you could ever meet. We along with a few other agencies are now beginning to raise money for a surgery for Mason that could improve his way of life and also possibly bring back mobility to his body. The cost of this procedure is a staggering $25,000, but this is something that his family feels they have to do to ensure they have done everything possible for Mason. We have plans here for benefit concerts and area events to raise this money, but the faster we raise the money the better for Mason.

It breaks my heart at church when I see Mason sitting in his wheelchair, big smile on his face, as he watches all the other children playing basketball in the gym. Then his dad walks in, not knowing I am looking and walks to Mason, bends down and just hugs on him and talks to him. The pain in his fathers eyes is very evident. We got to do this for this child!

$25,000 is allot of money for someone like me, but with many resources working together we can see this money raised, I have no doubt! There is a fund set up at area Gateway Banks here in the name of the Lakeview Ministries Mason Plott Fund that you can give to or you can give via Paypal to our church in Masons name and all monies raised will be deposited into this account. Our church is spearheading this effort, so ALL donations are Tax-Deductible as we are a non-profit organization. $25,000 is allot, but every little bit will help.

You members here I really believe are the cream of the crop in this hobby and if you can give then that's awesome, if not then that's fine too, just pray for this cause. There may be somebody who can pay for the whole thing who knows, but with us pulling together we can make a difference.

Church Paypal: [email protected]

Bank Info: Gateway Bank & Trust
769 Battlefield Pkwy
Fort Oglethorpe, Ga. 30742
(706) 861-5550
Acct Name: Lakeview Ministries Mason Plott Fund
Acct: (PM ME FOR NUMBER)

If you make a donation please PM me the amount you gave or post in this thread. Thank you very much.

David

masonpic.jpg

Last edited:

rackyrane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rev,
Any chance you could set up a paypal donation like we did last year for the little girl who got hit by the bus? It's a lot easier to just donate online. Thanks!

divecj5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I will try and scrape together any extra money we have for this cause. Extra prayers are coming his way as well :)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for your help it is very much appreciated and is noted by God.

I will try and get a button set up soon, but for now you can just paypal to [email protected].

Thanks.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a R2R sponsor "Ocean In A Box" will be donating $100 for Mason and his family and I CHALLANGE all other R2R sponsors to do the same. Cmon folks share the love(and money).

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you so far gor your help and interest. I will also keep a running total here as well so you know how much is raised. R2R has donated $100 as well to start.

We are $200 to the good right now and this is just the beginning! Just think if we had 248 people to give $100 then it would be done before the benefit concerts even start! ;)

Thanks...

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BUMP!

Seen this boy and his family again tonight at church and he is still smiling. Everyone is also thrilled we are helping here at R2R.

Thanks again.

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Rev, I thought R2R Sponsors could do a little better for such a worthy cause. I tell you what Sponsors, my challange still stands and for each sponsor that matches me right here in this forum I will through in another $10 for each one that does. Cmon people lets help this lil guy out. If it was your child you would sure appreciate the support. I know I would....... All because someone on a coral thread was motivated to help someone they didnt know....WOW, that speaks volumes!!!!!!!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok we just had a generous $250 donation towards the Mason Plott fund from an unnamed AWESOME person. Thank you so very much. God is keeping a record of the generosity that has been shown I can promise you that.

So now we have $450 contributed towards this surgery. :)

Teeka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to point out to everyone that any size donation is awesume. I don't have 100.00 to donate I will be making a donation on payday. The big donations are awesume, but I just wanted to remind everyone that can't make a big donation, like me, that even the 5.00 donations add up too.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I want to point out to everyone that any size donation is awesume. I don't have 100.00 to donate I will be making a donation on payday. The big donations are awesume, but I just wanted to remind everyone that can't make a big donation, like me, that even the 5.00 donations add up too.

I totally agree! Every little bit helps. Please don't hesitate to give even $1.00 if thats all you can do. It will add up with us all working together!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BUMP for a great cause. Remember every little bit helps...every little bit!

coralfan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a raffle to help the little guy out. On behalf of Alti's Reef and myself, anyone donating at least $20 will get a chance to win. (size of prize depends on how many people donate, the more money raised, the bigger the prize) maybe even a coupon for everyone else that doesnt win

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow this is awesome! What I will do is send you/alti a list of the members who gave $20 or more and you can do the drawing. Also if you give and don't want to be entered please PM me and I will not add your name to the list. We are actually shooting for July 25th in having this money raised. Hopefully way sooner. I will keep you up to date as well what has been collected other than here to keep a running tally.

coralfan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Rev, the only WOW is the sad group of guys here. Within a few days, there was a total of 17 pages of people looking for a freebee (166 people to be exact) and not one person willing to help a little kid in a wheel chair.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea I understand some people not being able to give, but I know there has to be more unless people think this is a scam or something..I don't know. Even if you can't give just bump the thread with some well wishes.

Anybody home...McFly? :D

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Forgot to update the thread as well but we had 2 more give a donation that is much appreciated.

So now we have $500 contributed towards this surgery.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also from R2R everyone who gives at least $25 will receive a years premium membership.

A couple of you gave and I don't know your screen name so please PM me so I can add you as a premium member.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump for Mason.....

No more raised here as of yet.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back