Hello. New to R2R

ScottyS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used to belong to 3reef Aquarium Forum and got an email to come over here.
I grew up always having a fresh water aquarium as my father was in to that. About 25 years ago I converted a fresh to salt and set up a reef aquarium when I moved 5 years later.
My current tank has been running about 12 years. The show tank is a 58g Oceanic and is on the first floor. It's overflow and return are plumbed through a wall into the basement where I have a regular sized sump that runs overflow to both a 29g refugium and a 55g tank which serves as a reservoir to increase my water volume. Both show and refugium tanks have 150W MH lights and the show also has 2 white/actinic LED strips. I just replaced my Digital Aquatic RKE (which I had since they started, and finally died) with the Archon which controls lights, wavemaker powerheads and RO/DI ATO.

I have been plagued with GHA and bubble algae, but that's an issue for another thread.

Glad to be back on a reef tank forum, this forum is huge with so many member and threads I will be searching and following and perusing for a long time to come!

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R , I'm sure your gonna love it here , lots of friendly people , always someone too offer help/advice when needed ,there are some good threads on here for battling gha and bubble algae , you can use the search bar above too look !! happy reefing !!!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! You've found the best! But what took you so long to find us? :eek::D Again, welcome.....you'll love it here.:p

GoPitt88

Pitt Basketball is BACK!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome.....this is the best forum for us Reefers! Party on! [emoji16]

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 20.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back