Hello R2R

danielillo11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been lurking in this forum for at least 2 years reading and getting information in preparation of my first saltwater tank, time to make an account as that time approaches lol. i have been wanting a saltwater tank since i was like 7 and i finally decided to start one. once i start my tank there will be many questions so i will have to bother you guys :)
you might see a build thread soon from me, still deciding on the tank between a 120, 75, and 200 gal. which would you guys choose?

Gernader

Reefing is a never-ending addiction...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! You should get the biggest tank you can have.

welcome captain GIF

OP
OP
danielillo11

danielillo11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha the thought process on the size of the tank went like this....75 is good enough but i really like yellow tangs, so i said lets do 120 then it felt like it might still be small and i started thinking 200 which should give enough space. the only worry would be how hard it could be to maintain a bigger tank, but most people say its easier than smaller tanks

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been lurking in this forum for at least 2 years reading and getting information in preparation of my first saltwater tank, time to make an account as that time approaches lol. i have been wanting a saltwater tank since i was like 7 and i finally decided to start one. once i start my tank there will be many questions so i will have to bother you guys :)
you might see a build thread soon from me, still deciding on the tank between a 120, 75, and 200 gal. which would you guys choose?
Never ask a reefer what size they would choose... they will say all of them!
Only you know what works best for you. All have pros and cons. As a designer, I say analyze the space to which you will host the tank. Secondly, picture yourself maintaining and enjoying the tank. If it is deep, can you reach the back or the bottom. Build mock ups out of cardboard and tape. It can be pretty but if it is not functional, what was the point?
Welcome to the fishy family!!! We're all friends here.
Shiba Inu Doge GIF

Back