Hello there!

Cwentz758

Do you even Reef bro?
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2019
Messages
1,353
Reaction score
880
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all I’ve been around posting around a week or two but I guess it’s time to officially say hello! Names Codey from the Pittsburgh, PA area and I’ve been in the hobby for just about 5 years off and on. Started off fresh water then jumped head first into salt. Fell on my face a few times definitely made mistakes especially with fish selection. My first two-three years I tore down and put up three different tanks and moved three different times. I finally upgraded from a 10 and 30g to where I’m at now with my 65g tank. I’d like to say I know enough now to be dangerous but I am finally settled down and can dedicate full attention to my tank now that it’s back in my care! Here’s some pics from over the years (yes I do know some with the tangs were just part of being a noob and not understanding what they really need). Pics go from new to hobby to current setup. That said the yellow tang is a beast and are probably the hardiest fish and they all kicked butt through rough time.
Here is also some of the equipment being run:
Somatic 60 sump with Somatic 60 skimmer
Vectra S2 return
BRS mini reactor 50/50 carbon GfO mix
Tunze ATO
2x tunze nanostream powerheads 475gph
Ecotech battery backup
2x Red Sea ReefLED 50’s
All plumbed with 3/4” pvc

Current livestock
3x Clowns (I thought all were ocellaris but now ones huge another is tiny and one turned mostly black) all are 3-4 years old

2 Chromies
2 yellow tail damsels
1 Neon Dottyback (kinda wanna get rid of)
1 pink spotted watchman goby with a pistol shrimp buddy
There some turbos and CUC in there

1 Australian hammer coral
1 large GSP colony
1 small pulsing Xenia frag

5BA9B2A4-2CCC-4519-BC8A-ACE4A5F72005.jpeg 20CA2B3F-A741-4692-B63D-B04872146246.jpeg FE22D101-FB29-468E-AF76-CCD34BC1E972.jpeg F90BB385-561C-473F-92FF-5CE7C984EE24.jpeg 6B1E1CDB-DD5F-4C75-83D3-035E1259EAE7.jpeg C7775DA0-7C98-4542-B5E8-2EAE260CF60C.jpeg F8CDAC67-C36D-49C2-B7A3-098E9BC47478.jpeg 07F486C0-B53A-443A-AAFB-60789A02F820.jpeg 0A7BDAB2-E8A9-4975-8F4E-299682F6FC97.jpeg E5E2361F-4995-444B-ACCE-CBD8F86D43D9.jpeg 50E773D4-3973-464B-A9C2-E06BC7B7F492.jpeg 835AA13F-34F0-4F1F-A9D6-24A0605BE622.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8292.MOV
    15.9 MB
Welcome to R2R!!! We’re glad you’re here!
 
Welcome to R2R!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new