Welcome to R2R! It's never too late to join this great community! :cool:

Episode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At nearly 64, I guess I'd be considered 'middle aged,' as long as I live to be 128.

Not counting a goldfish in a bowl, I setup my first (10 gal.) 'real' aquarium in 1970/1971, at the age of 10-11, and I've been hooked ever since. Unfortunately, with a fulltime job, (3) kids, and taking care of a small farm/homestead, whatever, I haven't had a tank in many years. I had a small house fire that took out my last aquarium, and I didn't start another, but that's about to change.

My kids have been on their own for years, I'm now retired, and it's back to enjoying one of the loves of my life! Hopefully I'll live long enough to spend what would have been the kid's inheritance. From the looks of prices these days it shouldn't take much longer than a few months. I've already got my sign ready though - 'Will Work for Aquarium Supplies.'

I've been going through some of the forum posts here, and watching MANY YouTube videos, and the level of knowledge and sharing of information is amazing! Not to mention the great equipment that's now available. The hobby has come a long way since I first began more than a half century ago. It's actually made much progress since I had my last tank, a (29 gal.) saltwater aquarium.

Thanks to all that share their knowledge and experience.

I'm gonna love it here!
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back