Hello to All!

180lbsOfReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At nearly 64, I guess I'd be considered 'middle aged,' as long as I live to be 128.

Not counting a goldfish in a bowl, I setup my first (10 gal.) 'real' aquarium in 1970/1971, at the age of 10-11, and I've been hooked ever since. Unfortunately, with a fulltime job, (3) kids, and taking care of a small farm/homestead, whatever, I haven't had a tank in many years. I had a small house fire that took out my last aquarium, and I didn't start another, but that's about to change.

My kids have been on their own for years, I'm now retired, and it's back to enjoying one of the loves of my life! Hopefully I'll live long enough to spend what would have been the kid's inheritance. From the looks of prices these days it shouldn't take much longer than a few months. I've already got my sign ready though - 'Will Work for Aquarium Supplies.'

I've been going through some of the forum posts here, and watching MANY YouTube videos, and the level of knowledge and sharing of information is amazing! Not to mention the great equipment that's now available. The hobby has come a long way since I first began more than a half century ago. It's actually made much progress since I had my last tank, a (29 gal.) saltwater aquarium.

Thanks to all that share their knowledge and experience.

I'm gonna love it here!

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
I see you're in Louisville, I haven't been in many saltwater LFS there that have a good variety of supplies "on hand" or tanks on display. If you're willing to make the trip Cincinnati has a good store "Aquarium Artisans" and Nashville TN has 2-3 that are good options as well. "Aquatic Critter" in Nashville having the most equipment IMO.
welcome-5.gif

Brazilian Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At nearly 64, I guess I'd be considered 'middle aged,' as long as I live to be 128.

Not counting a goldfish in a bowl, I setup my first (10 gal.) 'real' aquarium in 1970/1971, at the age of 10-11, and I've been hooked ever since. Unfortunately, with a fulltime job, (3) kids, and taking care of a small farm/homestead, whatever, I haven't had a tank in many years. I had a small house fire that took out my last aquarium, and I didn't start another, but that's about to change.

My kids have been on their own for years, I'm now retired, and it's back to enjoying one of the loves of my life! Hopefully I'll live long enough to spend what would have been the kid's inheritance. From the looks of prices these days it shouldn't take much longer than a few months. I've already got my sign ready though - 'Will Work for Aquarium Supplies.'

I've been going through some of the forum posts here, and watching MANY YouTube videos, and the level of knowledge and sharing of information is amazing! Not to mention the great equipment that's now available. The hobby has come a long way since I first began more than a half century ago. It's actually made much progress since I had my last tank, a (29 gal.) saltwater aquarium.

Thanks to all that share their knowledge and experience.

I'm gonna love it here!
Welcome to R2R and Happy Reefing!

OP
OP

180lbsOfReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
I see you're in Louisville, I haven't been in many saltwater LFS there that have a good variety of supplies "on hand" or tanks on display. If you're willing to make the trip Cincinnati has a good store "Aquarium Artisans" and Nashville TN has 2-3 that are good options as well. "Aquatic Critter" in Nashville having the most equipment IMO.
welcome-5.gif
Thank you, and yes, from what I can tell there's not a whole lot to see here in Louisville. I've actually lived outside of Louisville, in southern Indiana, until recently, and being further away, and not in the hobby for years, I really had no idea what was going on.

My situation has recently changed, and I'll be setting up a tank in the very near future, and I'm anxious to see what's within driving range. I appreciate the recommendations.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back