Help!! Acan bacterial infection, or something else?

YMAonthisreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

To begin:
Salinity: 1.25
Alk: 8.3
CA: 470
Mg: 1400
No3: 2-5ppm (was 60 - 80 ppm a couple weeks ago)
Po4: .22

32gal Biocube running protein skimmer and a little ball of chaeto on the back fuge area.

So a few weeks back I started feeding Oyster Feast, as the LFS has a beautiful LPS tank and said he feeds it daily. I wasn't adding much, but just a small squirt a day.
Fast forward two weeks and all of my Acans, some of my favia, and now one of my bowers started to shrivel up. The Acans began having massive die off and very quickly. When I checked the NO3, it had gotten up to between 60 - 80 ppm. I started doing daily 10% water changes, and started turning on the light on the fuge daily instead of every other day. Now the NO3 is around 5 ppm. The Acans still seem very unhappy, and some still seem to be slowly dying off. I will post pictures, but I am wondering if maybe the high nutrients have started a bacterial infection. This is the first time experiencing an issue like this, and am very upset as a lot of growth died off in a matter of days. Does anyone have experience around this issue? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
IMG_2036.jpg
IMG_2036.jpg
IMG_2037.jpg
IMG_2038.jpg
IMG_2039.jpg
IMG_2040.jpg
IMG_2041.jpg

OP
OP
YMAonthisreef

YMAonthisreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a little over a week. But now other LPS are starting to display the same. Different Favia that were not showing any signs are starting to recede and now some zoas are starting to shed zoo at an alarming rate

Noahdoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey this same issue seems to be occurring to my acans and damaging my other LPS. Did you figure out what was wrong?? Thanks !!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back