HELP, Brown jelly on favia (I think)

Nutrient_Spike

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2020
Messages
33
Reaction score
13
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ello,

Someone give us a hand, I'm pretty sure my favia has brown jelly disease but im not sure so thought I'd come on here for confirmation. Should i just remove it and count my losses or try andsave it with my various dips. Sorry about the photo.
93409499_2688425198037539_7036862078325358592_n.jpg


Thanks.
 
I have only dealt with it one time and didn't know much at the time. You can try and remove it and dip it in some iodine based coral dip to help it.
 
I’ve beaten BJD a few times now by doing a iodine dip, gently scrub off dead brown jelly infected tissue, dip in CoralRX, followed by covering the exposed skeleton with superglue gel right up to the healthy tissue.

The superglue step Is key.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new