Help Fishguy242 recover

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Super Mario Game GIF by dan.bahia.dan

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump bump gotta keep it rolling....new challenge people post how and what brought you to Frank and what it was that made you stay....lets tell our journeys and why he has been such a blessing in our lives and thankfully going to continue to be a huge blessing for years to come

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump bump gotta keep it rolling....new challenge people post how and what brought you to Frank and what it was that made you stay....lets tell our journeys and why he has been such a blessing in our lives and thankfully going to continue to be a huge blessing for years to come
About a year ago @tbrown invited Frank to my build thread. He’s given me good advice on multiple occasions. Seeing how much he’s helped us all out for as long as he has; I would say he’s a true blessing and I’m honored to know and be friends with him.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case some folks can't find what the bumping is about...
I never met Frank. Never got a phone call from him.
But the people closest to him, feel he is in need. All it takes is a little bit from a group of people.
For the cost of a Damsel you can be part of making a difference.
Franks GoFundMe page

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't remember how I ended up on Frank's thread... I just kinda ended up there and hung out with the Cronies and gang and it's been uphill ever since! All of the Cronies and gang are a great group always willing to help out personally, answer questions, or even show up to help. Like I said, family or community.

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case some folks can't find what the bumping is about...
I never met Frank. Never got a phone call from him.
But the people closest to him, feel he is in need. All it takes is a little bit from a group of people.
For the cost of a Damsel you can be part of making a difference.
Franks GoFundMe page
Thank you and your right i am not asking for much for him. Frank is the guy that will give you the shirt off his back. Will make sure ur birthday os special and always make you feel like family instead of buying the 50$ frag or one from the 10$ bin at your lfs we can help someone in need and make sure the road to recovery isnt a stressful one. I think we all forget that there's always been a time where someone is needed help where we all have needed help and how hard of a struggle it was feeling as if we had no one that we could rely on and for a lot of us being strong headed not wanting to put that pressure on anyone else but we all have accepted help no matter if we asked for it or if somebody did it generously just out of the kindness of their heart I know I donate to feeding the hungry helping the homeless even rounding up at a grocery store to help a family I've never met before now is our chance to come together and help someone that even we may not know but in all honesty does that really matter I don't think so this is our chance to show that as a community and as a whole we represent something bigger than just ourselves we represent companionships friendships and we represent a community especially here on r2r it isn't even about the donation it's about being kind-hearted enough to even say something or keep someone in your prayers or wish positive thinking and vibes to another that is in a situation that might not be the greatest the situation that we may never see in our lifetime but it doesn't mean that somebody else won't thank you for your positive vibe thank you for your words of kindness I really do appreciate it and I know a lot of other people do as well

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I met Frank through a few other people here on this forum people that said Frank is the guy that you need to meet Frank is the guy that knows a lot Frank is the guy that can help so I decided to play a little joke be funny and I put my signature as Frank's intern on my profile I didn't know the guy but I didn't have to because of all the positive things everybody else had to say about him I never thought that I would be able to build a friendship on something so little but Frank has shown me a lot he has been there for me when I didn't have a whole lot of people to be there he's always asked about my kids always asked about my wife and has always made sure that we were okay to me that means more than anything Frank is showing me what it is to be a part of something that is bigger than myself he has shown me kindness compassion and what being a part of r2r is all about yes we have our group and we call ourselves the cronies but our group isn't defined by the members in it it is defined by the members that are in it and what they are willing to do for others it is defined by not being selfish and by helping anyone and everyone who asks Frank has wrote me text given me calls just to help someone on the forum he is constantly going through all the unread threads just to try and help figure out a solution or to come up with an answer and if he doesn't know the answer the solution himself he reaches out to everyone he knows to try and help resolve it to me that is the definition of unselfishness he can go about his day skipping over everything like a lot of us do here on r2r but instead he tries his hardest to help Frank it is my pleasure and an absolute blessing to be a part of something like the group of people you have introduced me to to be a part of something bigger than myself and for that I owe you the world thank you for allowing me to join something so amazing and thank you for accepting me that is something I will never be able to repay that is something that is not bought that is something that is truly respectable about you doesn't matter the knowledge the money or what you bring to the table you are truly here to help anyone with anything and that is such an amazing quality prayers brother I really hope it is a speedy recovery and again I am blessed just for even knowing you

Fishy888

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I met Frank through a few other people here on this forum people that said Frank is the guy that you need to meet Frank is the guy that knows a lot Frank is the guy that can help so I decided to play a little joke be funny and I put my signature as Frank's intern on my profile I didn't know the guy but I didn't have to because of all the positive things everybody else had to say about him I never thought that I would be able to build a friendship on something so little but Frank has shown me a lot he has been there for me when I didn't have a whole lot of people to be there he's always asked about my kids always asked about my wife and has always made sure that we were okay to me that means more than anything Frank is showing me what it is to be a part of something that is bigger than myself he has shown me kindness compassion and what being a part of r2r is all about yes we have our group and we call ourselves the cronies but our group isn't defined by the members in it it is defined by the members that are in it and what they are willing to do for others it is defined by not being selfish and by helping anyone and everyone who asks Frank has wrote me text given me calls just to help someone on the forum he is constantly going through all the unread threads just to try and help figure out a solution or to come up with an answer and if he doesn't know the answer the solution himself he reaches out to everyone he knows to try and help resolve it to me that is the definition of unselfishness he can go about his day skipping over everything like a lot of us do here on r2r but instead he tries his hardest to help Frank it is my pleasure and an absolute blessing to be a part of something like the group of people you have introduced me to to be a part of something bigger than myself and for that I owe you the world thank you for allowing me to join something so amazing and thank you for accepting me that is something I will never be able to repay that is something that is not bought that is something that is truly respectable about you doesn't matter the knowledge the money or what you bring to the table you are truly here to help anyone with anything and that is such an amazing quality prayers brother I really hope it is a speedy recovery and again I am blessed just for even knowing you
I have to agree 100%. I don’t know him as well as many others here do but he’s certainly helped me a few times. I am honored to know Frank and to know that he always keeps up with my build thread among the many others on here that he keeps up with. I look forward to getting to know him much better. I also look forward to being able to help others here too as my knowledge grows much like Frank does.

I’ve been known to mess with Frank about becoming a cronie but you put it quite well when you said that the cronies are always there to help, to support one another as well as those outside the “group”. I want in on that. I’ve been growing in knowledge but I have a ways to go yet to get to where many of you are. That said I want to help where I can, The more I learn the more I’ll be able to help. I’d also like to help in other ways too. I’d like to be more like Frank. I wonder if that makes me a cronie cadet? :thinking-face:

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you and your right i am not asking for much for him. Frank is the guy that will give you the shirt off his back. Will make sure ur birthday os special and always make you feel like family instead of buying the 50$ frag or one from the 10$ bin at your lfs we can help someone in need and make sure the road to recovery isnt a stressful one. I think we all forget that there's always been a time where someone is needed help where we all have needed help and how hard of a struggle it was feeling as if we had no one that we could rely on and for a lot of us being strong headed not wanting to put that pressure on anyone else but we all have accepted help no matter if we asked for it or if somebody did it generously just out of the kindness of their heart I know I donate to feeding the hungry helping the homeless even rounding up at a grocery store to help a family I've never met before now is our chance to come together and help someone that even we may not know but in all honesty does that really matter I don't think so this is our chance to show that as a community and as a whole we represent something bigger than just ourselves we represent companionships friendships and we represent a community especially here on r2r it isn't even about the donation it's about being kind-hearted enough to even say something or keep someone in your prayers or wish positive thinking and vibes to another that is in a situation that might not be the greatest the situation that we may never see in our lifetime but it doesn't mean that somebody else won't thank you for your positive vibe thank you for your words of kindness I really do appreciate it and I know a lot of other people do as well
Needs MOAR punctuation.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frank and others of the cronies have challenged me to help others on R2R. As a result I have seen people donate aquariums, lights, pumps, live rock, and related to help people have a reef aquarium. The experience has created community! If you want to see some of it take a look at The Miracle Tank thread and you might see links to other threads and how this group spreads the love of the hobby to others. Frank gathers like minded people from a wide diversity of life and experience and gives them a home. We all might not fit any where else in the level of diversity! A testimony to being a true friend...that is Frank to me! He inspires me to treat others better even in the rub of life. Frank may your tribe increase!

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Proper Capitalization!

I'll play devil advocate and make it known that N1te is typing everything with his left hand as his right hand is in a cast...
What about before the injury???

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about before the injury???
I will admit I am not the greatest. I will say, this will be the only post that is grammatically correct for the duration of my time on r2r. Hope everyone has a fantastic day! Thank you everyone who has shared. I know there is moar stories for Frank. Lets keep it rolling. Never was one to care about that stuff I graduated, make good income, and half the words I do use are not allowed on r2r lol. We can all thank the oilfield for that.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I will admit I am not the greatest. I will say, this will be the only post that is grammatically correct for the duration of my time on r2r. Hope everyone has a fantastic day! Thank you everyone who has shared. I know there is moar stories for Frank. Lets keep it rolling. Never was one to care about that stuff I graduated, make good income, and half the words I do use are not allowed on r2r lol. We can all thank the oilfield for that.
And yet we love you and understand you!

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t recall how I have met Frank but I’m so glad I did. He and a lot of you have been such a blessing in my life. Lifting me up when I’ve been at my worst. He’s put a lot of positivity in my life and my aquarium.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 51 25.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.2%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 47 23.3%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 49 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back