Help Fishguy242 recover

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will admit I am not the greatest. I will say, this will be the only post that is grammatically correct for the duration of my time on r2r. Hope everyone has a fantastic day! Thank you everyone who has shared. I know there is moar stories for Frank. Lets keep it rolling. Never was one to care about that stuff I graduated, make good income, and half the words I do use are not allowed on r2r lol. We can all thank the oilfield for that.
I was just teasin you.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've waited to post about a lot of my Frank experiences. I met Frank here on R2R. We hit it off and he had a lot... A LOT of euphyllia when I met him.
My first experience meeting Frank was crazy. I drove 3.5 hrs to get to his place. When I pulled up I sent him a text to let him know I had arrived. He told me to meet him out back. Sketchy as all get out. I walked through a gate to his back yard and was greeted by Starlee his beloved German Shepard. I was convinced from the beginning she wanted to eat my face. He assured me they were harmless (buddy was there to) once I got inside. He proceeded to tell Starlee to quiet down and placed his hand on the kennel and she bit him... not a great first impression for her. We left the dogs outside and proceeded to the fishment.

Fast forward a couple years... Frank knows absolutely everything about my family. He asks about my wife, my children, and my grandson everytime we speak. We have met together in person probably 20 times in the last 2 years... He cares so much for everyone around him. It's an unusual trait of people these days. He has connected me with some of my absolute best friends even those at far like @Lost in the Sauce . I have an entire network of reefers coast to coast because of him. At last count 23 states worth.

His wife Tiffany is an amazing person... and I know just how much he loves her too. Her cooking and hospitality are 2nd to none. She has always gone out of her way to make sure that myself and every reefer that comes to their place feels welcome.

I was truly devastated to learn what was happening. At one point I really was trying to come to terms with the fact that I might be losing one of my best friends. And at this age (40) I'm sure many of you know they don't come around often. He means that much to me.

Frank, I know you are back and posting and I know you will read this... truly a miracle considering where you were just a week ago...
You are a pain in my back side. Sometimes pushy but in a good way. A lot to handle sometimes. But always worth it. We have been through a lot together in these last few years. You are my brother. I'm proud to call you that. Keep resting, gaining strength, and keep being the truly amazing PITA you are.... I love you brother. And the out pouring of support and caring on this thread remind me constantly that there is still good in humanity. And you are a prime example of that.

klearman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first time I really interacted with Frank, I was new to the forum and the hobby. I posted a thread after purchasing an intact fully running reef, asking what the best way to move it was.

Got a DM on my way to pick it up with his phone number. I called him and we talked for an hour. The entire process beginning to end straight through twice. He didn't know me from Adam.

That's when I realized he was the Godfather.
100% agree, the man's a god among mortals.
Don't recall if he's ever specifically answered one of my few actual questions but there's countless times he had the solution to my issue in threads I've searched.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
BUMP!!
randy-bump.gif

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump and prayers of healing for Frank @fishguy242

Let me know when your back to 100% and Reefing and I’ll send you a nice frag pack from Camaro Show Corals on the house.
I'd let him borrow the last 20% to make that happen!

Thanks for the support CameroShow.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 167 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back