HELP - Going on vacation and Profilux 4 lost wifi connection

OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Is your router IP 192.168.1.94 ? looking to your previous pictures the IP set on Gateway setting from Profilux was 192.168.1.1

If you ping your router, you should get the name of your SSID in line 1 or the the profilux name if targeting the Profilux IP.

1565709696275.png
Ok. So this is what I get when I path ping my router:

IMG_0416.jpeg

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Ok. So this is what I get when I path ping my router:

IMG_0416.jpeg
Ok so ping is ok to the router,
Did you try to ping another host (device) from the network ? Are they reachable or do you get also host unreachable ?
Did you try to deactivate the firewall ?

OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@VJV
Have you emailed us or opened a support ticket on this matter?
I did to GHL Europe yes. Got an answer back from MatthiasF saying that I should get a simple 2.4ghz wifi repeater and use it to integrate the P4 to the WiFi network.

Thanks

OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Ok so ping is ok to the router,
Did you try to ping another host (device) from the network ? Are they reachable or do you get also host unreachable ?
Did you try to deactivate the firewall ?
Hi,

I believe all the other devices are reachable (I have wifi connection in 6 iPhones, one TV, two MacBooks, the Windows laptop, etc. I will check it to make sure.

I did not however, turn off the firewall... is that required?

Also, I did manage to get the Dose 2.1 connected at first try as I was changing a couple of settings using GCC (wifi connection) GCC froze up, disconnected me and deleted both my physical and wifi Doser connections...??? I may have to upgrade firmware as I believe I never did on the dose but I also do not get any warning that it is out of date..

Kind regards

Vasco

Last edited:
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
EUREKA!!!!! I finally have my Doser 2.1 and my Profilux 4 online!!! @kodo28, @Ditto and @everyone else that chimed in a big thank you. In the end to get the P4 connected I installed a Devolo power line extender with a separate wifi network and was able to connect the P4 using that network. The Doser 2.1 connected without issues to my normal network though.

Hopefully I have seen the last of this ordeal!

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
EUREKA!!!!! I finally have my Doser 2.1 and my Profilux 4 online!!! @kodo28, @Ditto and @everyone else that chimed in a big thank you. In the end to get the P4 connected I installed a Devolo power line extender with a separate wifi network and was able to connect the P4 using that network. The Doser 2.1 connected without issues to my normal network though.

So the problem was the router/settings rather than P4?

Good on all the contributors for the persistence :)

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score

EUREKA :D . Did you had low signal on P4 wifi ? or maybe to many other equipment on same signal.
I could read some one else also in same boat, he got it solved with an extender.

How often do have to clean your aquarium glass?

• Every Day

Votes: 39 9.0%
  • A few Days a Week

Votes: 130 30.0%
  • A Couple Days a Week

Votes: 139 32.1%
  • Once a Week

Votes: 103 23.8%
  • Every 10 or so Days

Votes: 22 5.1%
  • Every Couple of Weeks

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 1.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Use pumps from different brands TOGETHER!