OP
Tomsimtim

Tomsimtim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The next question is, "what will you do to prevent this next time?" I assume it got down through slots at the top? I've had an anemone decide to walk to the slots, get stuck, then I had two anemones. I've thought about covering the slots with screen, but I haven't done anything ...
I have a powder blue tang that didn't take too kindly to his introduction. Chased him into the substrate , the Wrasse's natural behavior on display. I am more inclined to believe that he went up and over the overflow.

OP
OP
Tomsimtim

Tomsimtim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a powder blue tang that didn't take too kindly to his introduction. Chased him into the substrate , the Wrasse's natural behavior on display. I am more inclined to believe that he went up and over the overflow.
I saw yesterday in my LFS they have a 1/4" thick piece of plastic cut to the form of the overflow. It just rests on top of the overflow. But if that were in place, if my theory is correct. I would have had a crunchy little fish stick on my hands instead of him being in the overflow.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sixline wrasses do not use the sandbed. Only a few genera of wrasses actually need sandbed to thrive in.
He definitely went up and over through jumping into the overflow by the looks of it.

OP
OP
Tomsimtim

Tomsimtim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well sometime ago, when I went to remove my Wrasse from the overflow chamber, he was not there. I fed him the night before and he was there.

Rather curious the next logical location for him was the sump. Sure enough, there he was .
Sixline wrasses do not use the sandbed. Only a few genera of wrasses actually need sandbed to thrive in.
He definitely went up and over through jumping into the overflow by the looks of it.

OP
OP
Tomsimtim

Tomsimtim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well sometime ago, when I went to remove my Wrasse from the overflow chamber, he was not there. I fed him the night before and he was there.

Rather curious the next logical location for him was the sump. Sure enough, there he was .
It is not a six line Wrasse. It is a Dusky Wrasse. A curious ans inquisitive fish with an olive color body contrasted by turquoise markings as well.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Tomsimtim

Tomsimtim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just realised it’s not a six, tired brain thought it was.
Did you ever check around the floor or other chambers?
He was in the sump. Went down the down spout, through the split, over the water slide / algae scrubber, and into the sump.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this happen with numerous wrasses. My Dursos are slip fit for this reason as well. I pop them off but just barely until the overflow drains. Then I pull the pipe on put a golf ball on the drain until I net the fish.

One of my purple tiles jumped over the weirs tonight while I was adding a scoly. Will be fun times tomorrow.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back