Help ID black gooey thing

Maunty

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2024
Messages
25
Reaction score
9
Location
united states
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen anything like this what is it? IMG_2030.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2031.mov
    11.9 MB
I’m trying to get a good picture, but It has little tentacles is all black and I believe is attached to the rock.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2032.jpeg
    IMG_2032.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2033.jpeg
    IMG_2033.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2034.jpeg
    IMG_2034.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 34
Doesn’t look like an aptasia? Willing to bet that’s what it is. If so lemon juice in a syringe. I prefer kalk paste though
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new