Hozat24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I just picked up a tang and it’s swimming super weird. It twitches it’s head often but it also goes near the surface at times and freaks out. Just curious if anyone can identify this disease so I can cure this little bugger. The video doesn’t do it too much justice but hope it helps. Thank you all!

Attachments

• IMG_4771.MOV
    52.6 MB
OP
OP
H

Hozat24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I just picked up a tang and it’s swimming super weird. It twitches it’s head often but it also goes near the surface at times and freaks out. Just curious if anyone can identify this disease so I can cure this little bugger. The video doesn’t do it too much justice but hope it helps. Thank you all!

dang doesn’t look like this ten seconds video is really working now, super tuff, sorry guys.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry - I couldn't get the video to play. How long have you had the tang, what species is it, and what other fish are in the tank?

Jay

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you quarantine? Power head swimming is most likely velvet abs needs copper treatments ASAP I’ve learned this the hard way

OP
OP
H

Hozat24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he seems to be swimming near the power head do you notice any white dots on him?
Umm honestly there aren’t any white dots I have noticed from him. One thing I have noticed is that it goes near the surface and starts swimming sideways

OP
OP
H

Hozat24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry - I couldn't get the video to play. How long have you had the tang, what species is it, and what other fish are in the tank?

Jay
Scopas tang, I literally just picked it up a day ago and no it’s in its own quarantine tank

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Jay
Jay- looked like it was a scopas tang and nothing too unusual about its swim pattern.

OP
OP
H

Hozat24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you quarantine? Power head swimming is most likely velvet abs needs copper treatments ASAP I’ve learned this the hard way
Just put him in this quarantine, and ya man if the census is Velvet then I will treat him in copper

Back