Help identifying tang disease

Hozat24

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2018
Messages
69
Reaction score
21
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I just picked up a tang and it’s swimming super weird. It twitches it’s head often but it also goes near the surface at times and freaks out. Just curious if anyone can identify this disease so I can cure this little bugger. The video doesn’t do it too much justice but hope it helps. Thank you all!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4771.MOV
    52.6 MB
Hey guys I just picked up a tang and it’s swimming super weird. It twitches it’s head often but it also goes near the surface at times and freaks out. Just curious if anyone can identify this disease so I can cure this little bugger. The video doesn’t do it too much justice but hope it helps. Thank you all!

dang doesn’t look like this ten seconds video is really working now, super tuff, sorry guys.
 
he seems to be swimming near the power head do you notice any white dots on him?
 
Sorry - I couldn't get the video to play. How long have you had the tang, what species is it, and what other fish are in the tank?

Jay
 
Did you quarantine? Power head swimming is most likely velvet abs needs copper treatments ASAP I’ve learned this the hard way
 
he seems to be swimming near the power head do you notice any white dots on him?
Umm honestly there aren’t any white dots I have noticed from him. One thing I have noticed is that it goes near the surface and starts swimming sideways
 
Sorry - I couldn't get the video to play. How long have you had the tang, what species is it, and what other fish are in the tank?

Jay
Scopas tang, I literally just picked it up a day ago and no it’s in its own quarantine tank
 
Sorry - I couldn't get the video to play. How long have you had the tang, what species is it, and what other fish are in the tank?

Jay
Jay- looked like it was a scopas tang and nothing too unusual about its swim pattern.
 
Did you quarantine? Power head swimming is most likely velvet abs needs copper treatments ASAP I’ve learned this the hard way
Just put him in this quarantine, and ya man if the census is Velvet then I will treat him in copper
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new