Help! Looking to id this critter.

Topdog8327

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2015
Messages
28
Reaction score
1
Location
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I’m looking to get an id on what I think is a snail? I just want to make sure I don’t need to pull it out! Thank you.

I do have a video as well but can’t upload from my phone for some reason. But it moves just like a snail.
D96EDE79-661C-4FC1-9BF9-DB6154E7B5C4.jpeg
 
funny looking mollusk, does it have a shell?
 
Whatever it is, that thing is awesome!
 
Could be a type of cowrie.
 
Id say its a snail covered in hydroids or some other filter feeder, can you get a sharper image?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new