Help me choose a jebao wave maker

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have an SLW-20 and a maxi jet... looking to replace the maxi jet for the sole reason of controllability. I know jebao isn’t the best but it’s in my budget and I’m very happy with the SLW-20. I need one that can turn at a 45° angle. So far I like the look and reviews on the SW, OW, PP, and SOW. It’s very hard for me to tell a difference between those. The wider the flow the better for me so it’s not blasting one area (why I like the SLW so much) If anyone that has experience with these I’d love to hear what you recommend. Thank you :)

OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the slw and the pp8 Happy with them all.
I’d love another SLW but the best angle I could get out of the one I have with that little rubber donut was like 15% and the way I have my tank setup I need the second power head attached on the back blowing around the front. But that’s one point for PP, thank you

Doh Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two SOW-20 in my 125 at opposite sides and it creates an enormous amount of movement in the tank. Not an isolated blast but large wave pulses.

OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two SOW-20 in my 125 at opposite sides and it creates an enormous amount of movement in the tank. Not an isolated blast but large wave pulses.
I would definitely have to go with like an SOW-3 (29gal DT) but that’s exactly what I’m wanting, large waves and not an isolated blast. Thank you!

Snuggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love another SLW but the best angle I could get out of the one I have with that little rubber donut was like 15% and the way I have my tank setup I need the second power head attached on the back blowing around the front. But that’s one point for PP, thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 114

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't let the model number confuse you. Normally a model change is a minor change. Jebao has more model numbers for basicly the same pump as anyone I've ever seen. Just make sure the rated output is what your looking for, and that it able to be tilted to aim it
There are still companies and some eBay sellers selling older models too. They are the ones I normally look for. (I think they are more durable). That being said I would recommend a SOW model. The SOW can rotate up/down, left/right and everywhere in between.

OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is actually a pp4 and not quite at it’s full angle. But shown so you can get an idea. BTW it is 6 yrs old
Yeah definitely the type of adjustability I’m wanting.

Jebao has more model numbers for basicly the same pump as anyone I've ever seen. Just make sure the rated output is what your looking for, and that it able to be tilted to aim it
There are still companies and some eBay sellers selling older models too. They are the ones I normally look for. (I think they are more durable). That being said I would recommend a SOW model.
I’ve definitely noticed how many freakin models they have lol. But thank you for the tip and recommendation

SCK1027

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If memory serves right, the SOW is the newest, then OW, then the others with pp series being the oldest.

The major update was with the ow, in that they changed the way it didn’t abruptly stop when switching modes or the on/off mode. Making it more durable accordingly to the description. And that they changed the magnets inside making it quieter.

I have the sw-4 and I can direct the flow in different angles. I’m happy with it overall, but there are times it turns in the other way, forcing me to turn off and on, or trying to stop the fan, etc., which gets annoying.

OP
OP
JosephM

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the sw-4 and I can direct the flow in different angles. I’m happy with it overall, but there are times it turns in the other way, forcing me to turn off and on, or trying to stop the fan, etc., which gets annoying.

The SLW and SOW models are the newest models. I'd stick with those.
Thank you for input guys :)

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got 2 slw10's in my 20. Almost too much for me and my LTA.
Got an OW 25 for in my 75.
I love them both. Great movement.
Best value hands down.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back