Help me pick my next tank

Lost_reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Belgium
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

While having had a tank crash in my 10-gallon I want to take the opportunity to upgrade to a new tank.

I have been breaking my head for the following tanks.

Waterbox AIO 35.2 or the Red Sea reefer 170 G2.

The only reason I would go whit the waterbox is just how easy an AIO is.
I once had a tank whit a sump but it was just a nightmare because drain valve needed to be adjusted 3-4 times a day. Maybe just a bad valve?

Wich tank would u choose?

Best regards,
 
Hello,

While having had a tank crash in my 10-gallon I want to take the opportunity to upgrade to a new tank.

I have been breaking my head for the following tanks.

Waterbox AIO 35.2 or the Red Sea reefer 170 G2.

The only reason I would go whit the waterbox is just how easy an AIO is.
I once had a tank whit a sump but it was just a nightmare because drain valve needed to be adjusted 3-4 times a day. Maybe just a bad valve?

Wich tank would u choose?

Best regards,
I love my 40g breeder. As far as your drain valve, I’m not sure what happened but that’s surely fixable. You might find with a bigger tank that you’ll want to add more equipment over time that wouldn’t fit in an AIO. Just my 0.02!
 
I like the 40b suggestion. Another thought is to get a 40b and buy one of those AIO drop in kits. Then you have an AIO for way cheaper and you can spend the saved money on livestock.
 
I like the 40b suggestion. Another thought is to get a 40b and buy one of those AIO drop in kits. Then you have an AIO for way cheaper and you can spend the saved money on livestock.
That’s cool. I didn’t even know drop in kits were out there.
 
Hello,

While having had a tank crash in my 10-gallon I want to take the opportunity to upgrade to a new tank.

I have been breaking my head for the following tanks.

Waterbox AIO 35.2 or the Red Sea reefer 170 G2.

The only reason I would go whit the waterbox is just how easy an AIO is.
I once had a tank whit a sump but it was just a nightmare because drain valve needed to be adjusted 3-4 times a day. Maybe just a bad valve?

Wich tank would u choose?

Best regards,
bigger = better. also that thing with the drain valve shouldn't happen.

Sumps are easier than AIOs IMO. More space to add things and customize.
 
bigger = better. also that thing with the drain valve shouldn't happen.

Sumps are easier than AIOs IMO. More space to add things and customize.
Agreed!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new