HELP NEEDED PROFILUX 4 FLOAT SWITCH FOR SKIMMER CUP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DarrensReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm looking for some help to set up a float switch to shut off my skimmer if the cup gets full. I've got some programme logic already in place for the skimmer that delays the restart when there's a power outage and also during feed mode. I've bought the GHL float switch which I've connected into the green port at the back of the profilux 4. Could someone help on what I need to do next ? Basically I'm clueless on what to do so please keep it simple as I've not done any programme logic for the profilux 4 since it's initial set up over 12 months ago lol. Do I need to add another logic to the one I've already set up ? Or am I just missing something simple.... I hope so any help would be great thanks in advance.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would need to do advance program logic as you already have things controlling the skimmer.

Explains the steps you need to use for the leakage and then would create a program logic and add it to your existing one.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you show your current programming for the skimmer and the programming for the socket that your skimmer is connected to?

During meantime - try to figure out which sensor you get for your switch - if you use one of the P4 native level contacts - it is between 1 and 4. Connect the floating switch and open this dialog. Move the float between the end points - note which of the indications that change (in the blue ring) - that´s your sensor number

1620850629301.png

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
D

DarrensReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all thanks for replying to my question so quickly. The sensor I have is the GHL level sensor PL-0077 PLUGGED into the green port. I've inserted some pics of what's currently in use which is programme logic 1+2 added together to make 3. It's a feed pause and delay for a power outage. I've included a proposed logic 5 which I would like some help with. Do you think that it would work if I added it to logic 3 ? So 3 + 5 would be logic 6 that I would add to the skimmer socket ? Logic 5 would be to turn off the skimmer pump if the water level got too high in the skimmer cup. Many thanks

Logic5.png
Screenshot_switch channel.png
Current logic.png
Screenshot_logic6.png
Screenshot_logic list.png

OP
OP
D

DarrensReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok just realised that the level sensor is in the Control section. I've found it in number control circuit one. When I lift the float switch by hand the slider on fill activates so at least the float switch works. I don't think I've got it set up on the correct settings though. How do I add this to the programme logic ?
Screenshot_20210513-152515.png
Screenshot_20210513-152446.png

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since your leak detection is on control circuit #1, you need to go back into your PL gate #5 and set input 1 to FILL WATER 1. Your input 2 is then set to PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC 3

Assign PL gate #5 to the skimmer outlet.

The digital input function you originally assigned would have been correct if you were using a 3rd party sensor which is not the case here.

OP
OP
D

DarrensReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since your leak detection is on control circuit #1, you need to go back into your PL gate #5 and set input 1 to FILL WATER 1. Your input 2 is then set to PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC 3

Assign PL gate #5 to the skimmer outlet.

The digital input function you originally assigned would have been correct if you were using a 3rd party sensor which is not the case here.
Thanks for the help Vinny is this correct ?
Screenshot_20210513-163212.png

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good to me.

That logic combines your leak function with your PL3 which is the combination of PL1 / PL2.

OP
OP
D

DarrensReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good to me.

That logic combines your leak function with your PL3 which is the combination of PL1 / PL2.
Vinny your a legend works perfectly ! I don't have to worry coming home from work in the mornings when the turbo snails have spawned only to see a bubble bath in my skimmer and filter chamber. I can't thank you enough

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back