Help Please!

Jim C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a 5 inch maxima clam online about a week ago. I slowly acclimated it to the light and it appears to be doing okay, but it is not fully opening. My ammonia is zero, nitrates around zero, calcium is 400 ppm, alk is 8.5 dkh, ph 8.1, salinity 1.026, and running rodi water. The clam is also in a spot that receives about 375 par. I tried running carbon but it has made no difference. It is colorful and retracts fine, but it just doesn't extend. One side even appears to be more extended than the other. I have checked for pests but do not see anything. Any input is appreciated.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Jim C

Jim C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you inspect the foot for any damage?
Has it attached to anything yet?
Upon initial inspection the foot looked fine. I placed it securely in the rockwork and so I cannot see under it to see if the foot attached. I'm trying to find a balance between leaving it alone and stepping in if I have to.

stede

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flow ? Maybe more maybe less i have one to and its all out but at the bottom apperently it jump of a rock higher towards the light and love being at the bottom...its 90 cm down so pretty far.
Also they like a little nitrate and young ones love to be feed and as they grow bigger they just need the light

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks fairly wedged in those rocks...can he open up? Best bet is to put him on a rock on the bottom and let him attatch to that and then you can move him in the rockwork to find a happy spot.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey #reefsquad what do you think?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks fairly wedged in those rocks...can he open up? Best bet is to put him on a rock on the bottom and let him attatch to that and then you can move him in the rockwork to find a happy spot.

That would be my first intervention.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

^^this

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back