Help! Plumbing UV Sterilizer

Jattys_Reefs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2011
Messages
472
Reaction score
109
Location
San Clemente, CA
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Figured I would ask for some advice on plumbing this Aqua Ultraviolet UV Sterilizer.

Having a hard time finding the best location to mount this thing. Not sure how I'm going to manage twisting and running vinyl tubing from both ends of the sterilizer around areas of my sump.

Also trying to figure out if I could plumb it into my manifold or use a dedicated Sicce return pump instead.

Any recommendations and advice would be great! Thanks everyone.

Photo Nov 10 2024, 9 25 04 AM.jpg Photo Nov 10 2024, 9 25 35 AM.jpg
 
Ideally, @MattyJatz, you'd want a slightly larger and different unit. I generally recommend to those with pipes, to get one with pipe connections. Yours, the Advantage series, is barbed and is rated to 15W, if I recall. Depending on what you want to use it for, you may have issues getting it to the volume you require if needed for algae control. For pests, it should be fine. The reason for this is that the barbs are 5/8" I believe, and will not permit more than 300gph or so to pass through them.

In your situation, I would run this off a manifold from the sump to the return. Add in a smaller DC controlled pump. Since you have an Apex and Eco's, add more of those or add an Axis 40 for the one in question, with an apex sensor just after but before the return. Enjoy!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new