Help with plumbing UV

OishiiSato

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2023
Messages
51
Reaction score
15
Location
Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I bought this tank with the plumbing already configured.. now I’d like to add this coralife uv sterilizer into the system, what’s the best way to go about it?

I know I have to be within a gph threshold, but that’s all I know. Just plumb it into an open ball valve? Directly off the pump then back into the system?

C154FAEA-35F6-4BAA-A599-AEEE4B23E6B3.jpeg
 
Ill probably just plumb it into one of the available valves on your header and have it drain back into your sump for a simple and clean install. Flow into your display tank will reduce as from what I can see in your picture you have 100% of the flow into the DT.
 
UV sterilizer are a PIT Rear when it comes to plumbing one in, saying the guy who still has his unit BNIB for the last 4 years.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new