Help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hungriee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hungriee

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2008
Messages
284
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I rid this Nasty stuff? What is this green stuff? I tried so many different snails it won't go away.
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328293287.729287.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328293287.729287.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 107
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328293308.411434.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328293308.411434.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 117
Describe the algae in question, is it slimy or is it more like a bristly hair. Some algae like bryopsis(sp) can be difficult to completely remove. From a look at your full tank shot you also have cyno bacteria growing on your sand bed. The hard part of algae infestation is not the getting rid of it part, it is keeping it out after it is removed. I would suggest you figure out how you are getting so many nutrients into the tank in the first place. Is your water supply clean, are you overfeeding, or is your filtration just not able to keep up?
 
Hoe old is the tank? It might be new tank syndrome. Meaning... give it time.
 
It's sorta slimy. Im thinking my skimmer is weak - swc extreme 160.

the tank is about 15 months old now- I have a pbt, hippo tang, pair of clownfish and a melanarus wrasse.
 
what size tank is it? are you using good RODI water? how often and what are you feeding? what are you runnign for lights and for how long, how old are the bulbs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new