HELP

Wrasse101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love some help. I have this beautiful female leopard wrasse. She has been beaten up by either my yellow tang or my melanurus wrasse.
She's been laying on the sand bed struggling to swim and breathing heavily. I can tell she's still holding on so any advice to help her would be greatly appreciated.

yes the sandbed is super clean because I setup this tank to move her into it to recover. Always have extra media on my DT just incase. So I used that and Brightwell MB7.

20210127_183948.jpg
20210127_183939.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Are you sure it was attacked? I can’t see any signs of fin or scale damage. The rapid breathing is also odd.
How long have you had this fish?
Jay

OP
OP
W

Wrasse101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Are you sure it was attacked? I can’t see any signs of fin or scale damage. The rapid breathing is also odd.
How long have you had this fish?
Jay
Her left fin is retracted and I couldn't get a good photo but her top lip was bit? There a decent size gone from when I got her. She's been with me me a week but she was at the LFS on hold for about 3 weeks

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? If it is aggression I would assume that it is from your Melanurus Wrasse. Though they are typically pretty laid back, they can still be territorial, especially if it has been in the tank a while. If she pulls through, you could try using an acclimation box to re-introduce her to the system. Might ease things a bit.

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The heavy breathing is odd as @Jay Hemdal said... I’d continue to monitor things closely, perhaps turn the lights off or at least dim if you can and keep stress at a minimum. Is she still eating, if she is that’s one good sign, removing her from the tank was a excellent idea. A little something you might be able to do for her is get some pods in that tank if there isn’t already if you have a fuge I’d just pull a chunk of chaeto with pods with some water and pour it in. All you can do right now is limit stress and help her threw the night

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back