HEY YOU! What can R2R do to make visiting the site better? CASH for ideas!

flyingfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Videos can be so useful from manufacturers and users. Really takes out a lot of guesswork and eases frustration on many levels. I actually have a production company and create videos like this if anyone wants one . Sorry for the plug but they really do help.

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this idea from anther thread but I think it would be extremely useful for everybody if r2r could get the vendors that sell livestock to give important information about the systems they use to Growout there fish and livestock then sticky it somewhere for people to see, either in the aquarium discussion or in each vendors forum section. I think this would be super useful for everybody to see what is working for each vendor. It would also be neat to create a sticky for the users to post this info but make it updatable all the time and have the user include how long the system has been running and explain any major changes. Have people include the following

What is grown in system, sps lps etc
Total size
How much live rock
Lighting
Salt brand
Salinity
Alk
Cal
Mag
Temp
Light schedule
Nitrates
Phosphates
Filtration
Amount and frequency of water changes
Dosing/calcium reactor
Additives used
Other important info

Last edited:

christo203

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be awesome to see when you open up the page, an icon with a feed of things that have subscribed too. NOTIFICATIONS. If I could get half the emails I would subscribe to a lot more post!!!

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would also be nice to be able to "tag" members in posts to draw their attention to it...of course that might get overused by some people.

Intricateart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to be able to see all pics in the app.. lol..

and a "like" button to like posts.. I always thought it'd be silly but two of the forums I'm on now have that feature and I actually like it.

other than that, this forum is pretty solid.. love all of the drawings/contests..

I so hope you do the like button!

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need a list of local fish stores, divided by state and then by city. Perhaps each one could have its own forum folder for reviews and news (store moved, closed down, etc) by forum members who have visited.

Then we could look up nearby lfs options, find out if they're any good, and support the ones that are with our business. :)

Worldwide reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the above posted. On a side note the lfs that are listed might have an option to partake in up keeping or moderating the forum. But I think that by trying to make a better bridge between LFS and consumers is possibly a step in the right direction. Because I know for me as an lfs we dont have nearly the funds needed to do some sort of advertisement for locals, so having an organized online area to "meet" persay would help. Im liking all the ideas though!!

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps enhance the segregation between vendors and non-vendors. If I'm looking to buy, I can go in search of that, instead of having to navigate around the vendor posts in the Quick Links/Todays Posts listing. I like the way the Home page segregates recently updated vendor threads from user threads.

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back